• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice on transmission swap 1987 Chevy truck

2800- 5800, 107 lobe separation so it talks to you.

Specs on the cam in my 406 sbc. It should be rowdy

20210103_204834.jpg

I’d try the NV 4500
Or whatever is most common in the 3/4 and one tons that are slightly newer .

how much do you pull tow or haul with it ?

if the answer is nothing , then the NV 3500 five speed from a half ton would work.
That’s what we have in our 76 K10 , it came from a 2007 Silverado .
Bolts right in.

the cheapest way to slow down the rpm on the highway is just install taller tires

Nv4500 is the answer you are looking for. Word of caution though, you might lug in 5th depending on your rear end ratio and power band of the engine.

I keep seeing "power band" in relation to a 4 stroke.
Am I crazy? You would be run out of town, but, not before your crucifixion for suggesting that a gas burning truck has a "power band" when I was coming up. And I've been accused of being "from the city."

I keep seeing "power band" in relation to a 4 stroke.
Am I crazy? You would be run out of town, but, not before your crucifixion for suggesting that a gas burning truck has a "power band" when I was coming up. And I've been accused of bing "from the city."
I'm sure they mean power curve.

Or, maybe that shii runs like a 1989 RM 125....LOL

What heads are ya using?
Heads are the only thing I need to upgrade. They are the old cast Camel backs ported with intake ported to match heads. I had this motor in a 93 s 10. Truck burned but saved motor. Motor went bad in my 86 c30 so I put my c10 motor in the c30. It's a pulling power house, lol just tired of the ratios in the c30 transmission.

Back
Top Bottom