• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a case trimmer

Depends on volume and use.

Used a Worlds Finest Trimmer for years before getting the Dillon RT1500. For volume the Dillon is it. Did about 10,000 223 cases this spring.

I still use the WFT for precision rifle brass. I think it’s about the best cost effect option going. I tried several others and kept com omg back to the WFT.

I have the one with interchangeable collets as opposed to a a dedicated caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an use 3 of Holub Machine's WCT "World's Cheapest Trimmer" attatched to a harbor frieght drill press. It took me a little trial and error to get the hang of it. But now I can switch between them in a min. and trim 1,000's within .002" every time. He offers a lifetime waranty on the endmill bit, I don't know that It'll ever die. It is especially awesome for converting 5.56 to .300blk brass. I got them almost 3 years ago and haven't had an issue. He makes prep center attachments if you've got one. Just another option that's way cheaper.. I paid $65 for .308, .223, .300blk

Trimmer Info
Their Shop
Their Ebay Page with up to 26 different calibers

I use that for all chamberings where I don't want to buy a collet for the Giraud. Like you said, volume is key. The Frankford requires three operations, the Giraud one. If you're doing 100 - 300 cases, the Franford is fine.

This.

“Bulk” on my precision rifle stuff is several hundred at a time in which case the WFT is fine. I went tumble the cases, the dry media polish after trimming which knocks most of the burrs off. I still chamfer inside of case necks for precision stuff.

Bulk I wet and dry tumble as well, then use a Lyman M die at station one on Dillon 650, so there is no chamfering or deburring. Keeps the steps down.

If I was doing thousands of pieces precision rifle brass I would invest in. Giraud no question. You are still thandling the brass though with the Giraud and that’s the part that wears you out.

Like I said 10000 pieces on the Dillon with the RT1500 wasn’t that hard. You never have to handle the brass and can do it relatively quickly. I’ve done upwards of a 1000 with the WFT before I go the Dillon. Exhausting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom