• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nearly two weeks cold turkey without a smoke.

I went and bought a carton of smokes. I had made a deal with my Mom that if I quit smoking she would quit drinking wine. The only reason I made it two weeks is because I was doing it for her. I don't really care that much about my health which is a sad thing to say but it is true.

Today she expressed she would like to have a glass of wine because she can't take meds for her arthritis. So I released her from our bargain and went and bought a carton. I smoked one cig and it tasted like shyt and I got one hell of a buzz.

I think if I can cut back to one carton a month I will be healthier than the 6 cartons I was smoking a month. And I don't have to give up something I enjoy and neither does she.

I may not smoke at all but at least I'm not depriving both of us what we enjoy.

We all got our vices.

#Failedquiter.

Keep it up!

One of my friends that I've known since I was 19 has had a 1/3 of his lung cut out. He currently has COPD and should be on O2 but he can't quit smoking! I quit smoking when I was about 19 because I found out that my mother had cancer. She passed at 38 years old...

I have plenty of vices that keep me busy but I'll pass on the butts...

Stay strong!

jd

I went and bought a carton of smokes. I had made a deal with my Mom that if I quit smoking she would quit drinking wine. The only reason I made it two weeks is because I was doing it for her. I don't really care that much about my health which is a sad thing to say but it is true.

Today she expressed she would like to have a glass of wine because she can't take meds for her arthritis. So I released her from our bargain and went and bought a carton. I smoked one cig and it tasted like shyt and I got one hell of a buzz.

I think if I can cut back to one carton a month I will be healthier than the 6 cartons I was smoking a month. And I don't have to give up something I enjoy and neither does she.

I may not smoke at all but at least I'm not depriving both of us what we enjoy.

We all got our vices.

#Failedquiter.
Both my parents quit 25~ years ago and I thank God they did because they’re both still around. I know you haven’t updated in a while but I hope you’re still doing well cutting back at least. There are surely people in your life who’d like you to live longer if possible.

I quit Copenhagen. I don’t remember how long ago. I psyched myself out. Woke up and reached for the can and a little voice said ”you don’t need that”. Tripped for 3 days. The craving left. Started at 13 and the end I had snuff in my mouth all the time. I thank GOD. True story.

I quit smoking mostly because it didn't do anything for me and made me feel ****ty after

I use to really enjoy them. sometimes I still want one when Im halfway into a scotch but if I do I regret it after 3 or 4 drags

I’ve been dipping since I was 15. I’m 50 now and have tried to quit multiple times. The longest I’ve ever gone without dipping was about 8 months. The ironic part is... I’m a dentist and I’m well aware of what mouth cancer looks like and all the surgery involved. FML

I hope everyone that has quit, stays quit!

Back
Top Bottom