• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NCAA votes to allow 'social justice' patches.

I might be wrong about this:
But I bet the major programs won't pander to those various special interests.
For example, I don't think Nick Saban, Ed Orgeron, or Kirby will allow that advertising on their uniforms.
At least I hope not.
I hope you are right. I may have to go play center so I can wear a "We the people" patch.

As you can tell from my avatar I love me some college sports but I fear that the social justice message might totally infect the NCAA completely at some point as well. I really really hope that I'm wrong but the momentum that the BLM movement has garnered is undeniable. At some point, will college sports look more like the NBA and NFL when it comes to the overall messaging/propoganda that is being dealt to the masses as it pertains to (cough... cough...) "systematic racism" in our country?

Here's one story that recently happened. You look at the influence that one football player from Oklahoma State (Chuba Hubbard-RB whose from Canada!) had to basically call out his coach and basically force him to take the proverbial "bended knee" for only wearing a shirt that showed support for a conservative news network that at least half the country doesn't even know about or have access to on TV.

One positive point for now is that college football players can't publicly kneel even if they wanted to during the national anthem as things stand right now due to the anthem getting played during the pregame pageantry and ceremonies which all happens before the players run out on the field from their lockerooms. At least that's what happens at Auburn home games.
My Cousin lives in Atlanta and is a gun guy. His name is Brent. Went to Auburn and played golf for Auburn and is a techy. This is not you is it?

UGH. Can't we have anything that doesn't get politicized? So will they go back to allowing players to wear the black eye strips with Bible verses they banned after Tebow left?
Tua wears black eye paint in the shape of crosses. Well he did anyways.

My Cousin lives in Atlanta and is a gun guy. His name is Brent. Went to Auburn and played golf for Auburn and is a techy. This is not you is it?

Afraid not partner. Just your resident ODT War Chicken fan opining here and there on the topics of the day.

Let's hope for each of our programs sake that all this social justice campaigning that's taken flight doesn't derail our respective programs as I'm sure the fanbases for each school would be none to happy if BLM messaging started showing up on the fields of play or outside the stadiums or heaven forbid... on the uniforms.

Afraid not partner. Just your resident ODT War Chicken fan opining here and there on the topics of the day.

Let's hope for each of our programs sake that all this social justice campaigning that's taken flight doesn't derail our respective programs as I'm sure the fanbases for each school would be none to happy if BLM messaging started showing up on the fields of play or outside the stadiums or heaven forbid... on the uniforms.
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom