• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Navy denies NFL opportunity for Midshipman

Can't he extend his commission and move to the reserves?

That way he can both serve, and play feetball
Unless he had a guaranteed Reserves Duty contract? No. And as far as I know those are only available to students in 2 or four year programs at liberal arts colleges. He's obligated to serve on active duty upon graduation for a period of 5 years.

Can't see why they wouldn't. They did it for Keenan Reynolds, Malcolm Perry, and Joe Cardonna. All in the last 5 years.

It makes sense to let him switch to reserves with an extended contract. That way everyone wins.

Then again, because it is logical, is likely the exact reason they won't do it.

Unless he had a guaranteed Reserves Duty contract? No. And as far as I know those are only available to students in 2 or four year programs at liberal arts colleges. He's obligated to serve on active duty upon graduation for a period of 5 years.

I know very little about officers.....except that you get in a whole ****ton of trouble if you punch one.

He agreed to join the navy to pay for his 4 years of college. Also what happens if he gets injured in the NFL and is unable to perform in the navy. The NFL is full of people who have had permanent knee and back injuries

Back
Top Bottom