• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Navy denies NFL opportunity for Midshipman

He was undrafted and likely wouldn't make the roster. It's the classic he wants his cake and to eat it too.
No one should be prevented from chasing their 'dreams'. Therefore, I'd offer him this deal. "If you want to go try to make the team, we'll gladly give you a dishonorable discharge for not honoring your contract terms so you can chase your 'other dream'. And of course you need to pay us 4 years of tuition. Your call."

lol.... this won't last.

In contrast to the Navy's denial, four graduates from other service academies have been allowed to forego their service commitment this year. The four are Jon Rhattigan, a West Point grad who signed with the Seattle Seahawks; Nolan Laufenberg, an Air Force grad who signed with the Denver Broncos; George Silvanic, an Air Force grad who signed with the Los Angeles Rams; and Parker Ferguson, an Air Force grad who signed with the New York Jets.
"While I acknowledge that these men are from different branches of the armed services, it puzzles me as to why I am the only person to be denied this opportunity," Kinley wrote in his statement.

Care to guess the race of Mr. Rhattigan, Laufenberg, Silvanic and Ferguson? :doh:

You accept the free ride to the academy, you do what you agreed to do in return. Not sure why that's so hard. If you don't like those conditions, go to a different university. It's not like it was a surprise.
Honky names = Navy racis

Navy is racis in 5,4,3.....
Ooops.... Didn't know he was special....
tenor.gif

He was undrafted and likely wouldn't make the roster. It's the classic he wants his cake and to eat it too.
No one should be prevented from chasing their 'dreams'. Therefore, I'd offer him this deal. "If you want to go try to make the team, we'll gladly give you a dishonorable discharge for not honoring your contract terms so you can chase your 'other dream'. And of course you need to pay us 4 years of tuition. Your call."

I could agree with restitution. But a dishonorable discharge carries the same weight as a felony conviction in the civilian world. I can't agree to that. Bad Conduct Discharge at the worst, and a General less than Honorable at the minimum

I could agree with restitution. But a dishonorable discharge carries the same weight as a felony conviction in the civilian world. I can't agree to that. Bad Conduct Discharge at the worst, and a General less than Honorable at the minimum
I understand that. But anything less opens the flood gates. What he's trying to do is dishonorable. By definition.

Back
Top Bottom