• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My trip to Randall made knives in Orlando

cimino289

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
After enduring the torture at Disney yesterday I managed to make my way to the Randall knife shop in Orlando. The shop isn't open to the public but they had a museum that was quite impressive. Besides the many one off pieces there were war carried Randalls, space carried Randalls, and the worlds largest collection of knives made by Bill Scagel. It wasn't just a museum of Randalls, although they had many, it was really a museum of knives in general. There were too many fighting knives of all kinds to count, kabar, John Ek, Fairburn skykes. It was quite impressive and if you're in the area be sure to check it out

Attachments

• IMG_0519.JPG
    IMG_0519.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0521.JPG
    IMG_0521.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 64
Went there about 10 years ago. Like you I had to get away from the Mouse. It was hard to find, an island of orange groves surrounded by development. Like a time warp. The guy there went to the shop and left me with the run of the place. It was fascinating and well worth the effort.

I went there pre-DW 45 years ago as a side trip from Bikeweek at Daytona. I'm glad it's the same, so much of my life has disappeared. I believe the combat knife then was $125 which I thought was crazy money for a knife.:eek:

Many years ago, when Bo Randall was alive, I got him to autograph 32 scabbards. Wish I still had them.
Sold them all at the Great Western in California.

Back
Top Bottom