• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Solution.

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
Been looking at small campers for overnight trips to my land for a while. Looked at several used ones. All had some of the same issues...leaks, rust, soft floors, lights not working, title issues....etc. I had a great trader here show me an enclosed trailer customized to camp in and it was super cool but too long to manipulate and set on my property due to the parking space and gate entry. I ordered this in a 6x12 yesterday. Should get it mid August. Going to fixture it myself and if estimates are correct I will be in it several thousand dollars less than a used camper and have a brand new chassis that I don't have to worry about for a while. Will post updated pictures after i get it and begin customizing it. The one pictured is only 6x10 but same color and configuration.
Screenshot_20210521-124121.png

We were looking at used campers. They are stupid high right now. I guess people moving from Cali or selling their houses are snatching htem up.

Or maybe it's just because everything is stupid high right now. I mean, the dollar is stupid low right now.
At the budget I set everything in that price range needed work and was quite dated. Campers are expensive right now.

I have used two different ones in past years for hunting, mostly was just wanting a dry place to sleep and for my stuff. I enjoyed them at the time. I bought a 17’ single axle coleman 3 years ago however cause I stay longer now and wanted bathroom and shower. Have no doubt that you will enjoy it.

With the China Flu, most IT people work from home or from anywhere they get a solid internet connection (mobile hotspots). I know quite a few who are traveling around in campers which helped cause the price surge.

It's gonna turn out nice and can't wait to see it.

In for updates. Thinking of doing something like this. Same issue, can't find any decently priced used campers that aren't in need of a complete remodel.

Back
Top Bottom