• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Serbu 50 Cal Exploded

Call it what it is. A 50 BMG for the poors. Stupid design. It's a pipe bomb with a hole in one end.
You can literally say that about any gun…one end closed one end open that’s how it works…they’re literally all pipe bombs and one little change in powder or bolt gap and kabloom but whatever…haters gonna hate but physics don’t lie safe design is a safe design within spec

Reminds me of those old Vulcan .50 bmgs. The two lug version killed two guys by shooting the bolt into their neck. Company redesigned to a three lug and I had one for a period, I never would shoot it.

I've seen poor designs (where the bolt handle had to be worked with a mallet) and I've seen(owned) good designs (Barrett). A threaded end cap is a ridiculous method of containing those pressures. In the thousands and thousands of rounds of 5.56, 308, 30.06 and 50 BMG I've fired over 37 years of shooting, I've never had an "overpressure" milsurp round. Never. Dud primer? Yes. Bad powder? Yes. Moisture damage? Sure. Little bomb in my face? Never with U.S. made ammo.

I've seen poor designs (where the bolt handle had to be worked with a mallet) and I've seen(owned) good designs (Barrett). A threaded end cap is a ridiculous method of containing those pressures. In the thousands and thousands of rounds of 5.56, 308, 30.06 and 50 BMG I've fired over 37 years of shooting, I've never had an "overpressure" milsurp round. Never. Dud primer? Yes. Bad powder? Yes. Moisture damage? Sure. Little bomb in my face? Never with U.S. made ammo.
There was speculation that shooting a sabot round with a brake like that could have caused the issue.

That could be however the fact remains the threaded end cap failed to contain the pressure.
BBD7F178-4176-4A12-8FC5-B6657D4677B7.jpeg

same same…..

No. Not at all. But there's no point in discussing it with the "My Palmetto State AR is jess as gooder as a Colt!" mentality. There are reasons that 50 sells for less than $1,500. A.) "it's jess as gooder as a Barrett" & B.) "the High Point is an excellent gun for the money."

Back
Top Bottom