• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Prepping Conundrum

I appreciate all the opinions posted in this thread. I am going to make one last post then become simply a very interested observer. That last post is a (philosophical) question.

Is there anything, ANYTHING you would not do for your family?

Thank you those who were willing to give advice, and to the trolls, well, I'll leave you in your cave to do your thing.

Like I said in my response, the problem as defined, given the accepted notions of the conditions of a collapsed society, does not have a solution.
A Chartered flight being the only reasonable solution, is there money for this?
A 2 way cross country trip using ground transport does not bear a reasonable expectation for success.
Without your Sisters enthusiastic cooperation in prepping effort and a willingness to relocate, your effort to save her would be a net loss for your family.
Trolls are a rare occurrence in these parts. Brutal Honesty much more common.

I appreciate all the opinions posted in this thread. I am going to make one last post then become simply a very interested observer. That last post is a (philosophical) question.

Is there anything, ANYTHING you would not do for your family?

Thank you those who were willing to give advice, and to the trolls, well, I'll leave you in your cave to do your thing.

I wouldn't expose my wife or daughter to risk for anything. They are priority numero uno. I completely feel your pain but until your sister gets on board there is very little you can do. Definitely not a lack of effort on your part. She has to want to be saved before she needs saving.

I would not die for my sister if there was a good chance of my dying and leaving my wife and kids. They come first. If I wasn't married and had several conversations with my sister and she didn't do anything about it I would feel substantially less bad about leaving her in California.

I have the same problem, we are 5 brothers from San Francisco to New York City. My brother's in SF and Cleveland Ohio, will gather there PREP supplies such as Ruck sacks and weapons and try to hunker down until they can make there way out, we have set up places along our routes to rest and resupply if possible. I live in Georgia and enough prep supplies for my family members. We all understand that any plan that we have in place may NOT SURVIVE after the 1st day so we must be able to adapt to what ever comes our way. In, the future we may just change our over-all plan and join other Preppers in our local areas to SURVIVE! But, for now we will try to meet in the least affected area if what ever is the Emergency.

I would not die for my sister if there was a good chance of my dying and leaving my wife and kids. They come first. If I wasn't married and had several conversations with my sister and she didn't do anything about it I would feel substantially less bad about leaving her in California.

Yeah, I have 2 half sisters and I wouldn't stop to pick either of them 2 *****es up if they were broke down on I75.

Back
Top Bottom