• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Prepping Conundrum

madrox & hayata are right - in my opinion your best tactic would be talking sis into moving back this way OR 2100+ miles @ say 20mpg - so say 21 five gallon cans - $300 of stored gas - sure why not - go with that

Hmm, I am what I consider an "answers" guy. This is like looking at a chess board with all of the moves either blocked or unviable. There are so many different scenarios that could happen that would "block" a lot of possible moves. Yellow stone eruption or EMP grid down would be no air travel (as an example) financial collapse may leave some time to act if you can see it coming and get her onboard with coming to GA.

I will study "the board" for more moves but they would scenario specific I'm sure

It's commoly accepted that in some type of collapse, by the end of the 3rd day it will be "getting messy". The only real option is to act pre-collapse in some way. If there was a warning sign I would think that many others would be trying to do the same thing making any move harder

Prepping is a personal responsibility. For your family that are in Georgia, you have to give them instructions to make it to you or your predetermined hideout. You are already trying to save their ass by storing food and supplies, it's their responsibility to get to you. For your out of state family, it's their own responsibility to prep.

The hard truth is preppers prep to give themselves a chance to survive, those who refuse to prep are meant to perish. There's nothing you can do change someone's mind, they have to see it for themselves and choose to act. The best you can do is try to convince them that the weather will be real bad this winter and try to convince them to store some food and emergency supplies.

The question as posited does in fact present impossibilities. She won't prep and if the TSHTF, she is stuck. If she does prep she will have to deal with crossing a continent populated with people who did not prep to get to a family who did not or did little to prep. She will face LE who wants to contain the starving hordes, marauders who will see her as a target, traffic and obstacles. The only solution I see is a foraging Grey woman and even that takes the prep of education, some gear and a lot of skill and even more luck. Your plan to meet her halfway just puts both of you in jeopardy. Hungry and desperate people, who have never been hungry or desperate are dangerous.
An enlightening exercise for you, do not go to the store for 2 weeks. All you have is what you have. Try it.

Hmm, I am what I consider an "answers" guy. This is like looking at a chess board with all of the moves either blocked or unviable. There are so many different scenarios that could happen that would "block" a lot of possible moves. Yellow stone eruption or EMP grid down would be no air travel (as an example) financial collapse may leave some time to act if you can see it coming and get her onboard with coming to GA.

I will study "the board" for more moves but they would scenario specific I'm sure
Agreed. I'm not a "prepper", but I do make efforts to be prepared for worst case scenario situations. I worry more about what our government/economy might do one day than a natural disaster or some kind of foreign attack. If that were the case, roadblocks and check points are going to prevent any sort of travel.

http://www.infowars.com/after-huge-ammo-buy-dhs-purchases-bullet-resistant-booths/

This is an agency whose responsibilities are supposed to be purely domestic.

That's an "answer"??

Yes, it's the blunt truth. Prepping is great but to think you are going to save yourself and your non prepping family located on the other side of the country is ludicrous in a scenario that involves the demise of the entire country.
Or just buy a plane

Back
Top Bottom