• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My New Woods Gun

Looks good, but if I were willing to bob the barrel and lose the front sight, I think I'd want to rig up some new and better sights. Maybe glue-on (with 2-part epoxy) a set of Glock pistol sights. Or some high-viz front sight made for a shotgun (turkey gun), combined with a very wide, shallow and bright "U" shaped rear sight-- probably also epoxied in place, right over the channel cut into the topstrap.
point and shoot Rufus dont need no sights. 4 magnum cylinders in the storage room.

yeah, I finished the second half of a state concealed-carry pistol class (in SC, where they required an actual range trip and shooting at various distances from 5 yards to 25 yards for score) with NO FRONT SIGHT on my gun. It fell off, and I just put it in my pocket and kept right on truckin. I probably lost 20 points due to that, but easily passed anyway.

This is a .22LR, right? Are you thinking about getting a .22 magnum cylinder for it?
I hear the company will send you one by mail for $30. As a general purpose woods gun, made for defense rather than extended plinking sessions, I think I'd want the magnum.

Do you have a part number for the magnum cylinder?

Back
Top Bottom