• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new to me toy!

Nice mod!

I have a quick hitch for the 3pt on my Yanmar. I have a love-hate relationship with it. With the implements it works well with (box blade, rotary cutter), it shortens changeover time substantially. For implements that have troublesome dimensions, it winds up being a series of compromises.

To make matters worse, when I added the LS to the stable, I didn't want a second quick hitch, because the LS has a backhoe, and the quick hitch would have to come off to mount the backhoe. With the LS, it has a very easy to release/adjust the lifting arm swing limiter, which makes attaching implements far faster. At this point, I've left a couple of implements set up for the quick hitch, and I use those just with the Yanmar. I may eventually replace the Yanmar with another, older tractor with more weight and horsepower, and if I do that, I'll probably let the quick hitch go with the Yanmar.

If I was going to do it all over again, I'd probably skip the quick hitch.

Mine is mainly for the mower. The first time I hooked it up, it did me in.

Cool tractor.
I’ve been wanting a tractor soooo bad .
I take care of a 40 acre spread for my sister and I have a small camp with a creek with tiered cabin sites and lots of needs for a tractor , bucket, hoe , box blade, bush hog .
Also I cut my elderly neighbors cabin property with my riding mower in exchange for hunting permission, takes forever.

Plus my house sits on three acres and I could use a darn tractor...lol.

I’ll get one but dayam those things ain’t cheap these days and I’m not about to finance one....I hate debt.

I’ve already done so many jobs with a tractor (in my imagination.)

I seriously would trade my 67 barracuda for the right tractor.

Cool tractor.
I’ve been wanting a tractor soooo bad .
I take care of a 40 acre spread for my sister and I have a small camp with a creek with tiered cabin sites and lots of needs for a tractor , bucket, hoe , box blade, bush hog .
Also I cut my elderly neighbors cabin property with my riding mower in exchange for hunting permission, takes forever.

Plus my house sits on three acres and I could use a darn tractor...lol.

I’ll get one but dayam those things ain’t cheap these days and I’m not about to finance one....I hate debt.

I’ve already done so many jobs with a tractor (in my imagination.)

I seriously would trade my 67 barracuda for the right tractor.
They can be pricey, I had been looking for several months and finally found this one on Facebook marketplace (from a private seller) about 8 miles from me. I haven’t got to use it much but I think I’m going to be pretty happy with it.

Pic update, got the ballast box yesterday.
181250E1-63C8-4E26-A725-ACC95316F291.jpeg
29BF8C78-F927-4EF1-AF6A-2C04DCF0C3C3.jpeg
E29A1A27-CAA4-434F-87CF-8DEB74848F9C.jpeg

now to get some weight in it!

Mixed up five 60# bags of concrete late Friday afternoon. Used it Saturday cleaning up the unburnt remains of a couple of brush piles, moved several good sized logs and made the remaining brush pile bigger.
The added weight on the rear really made a big difference in how the tractor handles a load in the bucket.
C7325C66-C62B-479F-BFD7-2CE73167E741.jpeg

04E4F482-39B6-4D02-A93F-7738E8686D74.jpeg

got the bucket good and dirty!

I didn’t think to make a “before” pic but here’s one of our newest brush pile and where we were cleaning up.
48601782-292B-4DED-B81D-0FFF4D56B8B8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom