• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My instincts tell me I bombed my interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep this in mind for future interviews. If you got an interview…your resume spoke for you. At that point in time they are looking for a personality fit. Thus the generic how would you handle adversity questions.
Bingo. My thought exactly. I think you did fine. You’ll get a call. For me..overthinking is 90% of how I trip myself up.

I remember a time a time when you use to go in and set down for a job interview in person. Not no more it looks like it.
They are not flying people out to jobs anymore unless you are really high up in the chain. Especially when they can "see" your personality, mannerisms, and your general first impression right there on the screen. It also cuts down on spending money on the resume surfers who hit all the buzzwords but don't know **** about the job.

OP, don't beat yourself up over this. Chalk everything up as learning experience and if necessary, what to do and adjust next time. That being said, send that thank you letter (highlight your strengths like working through technical difficulties), and wait for a reply while always looking ahead to other opportunities for growth.

They are not flying people out to jobs anymore unless you are really high up in the chain. Especially when they can "see" your personality, mannerisms, and your general first impression right there on the screen. It also cuts down on spending money on the resume surfers who hit all the buzzwords but don't know **** about the job.

OP, don't beat yourself up over this. Chalk everything up as learning experience and if necessary, what to do and adjust next time.
I’m just old, haha. We use to just do in person interviews is what I was saying. He was having problems with the computer cutting in and out, that’s technology for you.

Good luck and consider the interview a learning experience. I'm considered highly skilled labor and my job interviews are a totally different beast. A resume is not needed or expected, but will place you at the head of the line. Questions consist of, do you drink a lot? Do you play nice with others? And I will be asked about training. Usually about 15 minutes from start to finish.

Lots of GR8 info here. Keep being positive. Reach out to them & let them know how interested you are. And what You bring to the table.
Best of luck & Prayers sent for ease of emotions.

Just had an interview for a part time position with auto parts company. I was asked the canned list of questions...tell me about a time, blah, blah, blah.....no questions about experience or what I could bring to the table. I really wonder how they make the final hiring decision based on a bunch of questions some company sold them to find the perfect new hire. I worked for state government years ago, hiring process lasted over two months, hang in there the right job is out there for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom