• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My googlefu fails. Briggs carb needed.

I figured it was somebody else that neglected it....A month or two ago during a power outage I had to give my sister and BIL MY generator to run their 3 freezers and I got his neglected Honda in almost the same condition. It took me three hours of cleaning and poking the orifices, but I got it running...
I can't stand throwing away stuff that could be saved. When this was offered, I needed one and I figured I could try and get it running. I couldn't evem get the carb off so tried to help a local guy that does side gigs (found on Nextdoor). Didn't realize it could be $200 though. :shocked:
Hopefully that aftermarket one I linked is it and I can order it for the repair dude. He already ordered the $120 one but presumably it is returnable.
If I get out of this for $100 or less it will be well ventured. If not, oh well, still saved it from the dump.
My stacks of branches are piling up....

I can't stand throwing away stuff that could be saved. When this was offered, I needed one and I figured I could try and get it running. I couldn't evem get the carb off so tried to help a local guy that does side gigs (found on Nextdoor). Didn't realize it could be $200 though. :shocked:
Hopefully that aftermarket one I linked is it and I can order it for the repair dude. He already ordered the $120 one but presumably it is returnable.
If I get out of this for $100 or less it will be well ventured. If not, oh well, still saved it from the dump.
My stacks of branches are piling up....

I'm like you. I can't stand seeing something that can be fixed just thrown on the heap...
I have engines (both 2 and 4 cycle) going back to 1971 and they're still running. Ethanol was a big problem in my 2 cycles and not draining the others for the season were the other problem.

Sometimes, it's easier to buy a verified Amazon replacement carb that works, but it comes from China most likely. I made it a point to learn how to fix all that crap and buy the wire cleaning sets, the replacement gaskets, gasket forming material, material to cut new gaskets, find out what kind of tubes Honda and other MFRs use and buy it, Once you understand it, it isn't all that hard to do.....just takes a little time

I'm like you. I can't stand seeing something that can be fixed just thrown on the heap...
I have engines (both 2 and 4 cycle) going back to 1971 and they're still running. Ethanol was a big problem in my 2 cycles and not draining the others for the season were the other problem.

Sometimes, it's easier to buy a verified Amazon replacement carb that works, but it comes from China most likely. I made it a point to learn how to fix all that crap and buy the wire cleaning sets, the replacement gaskets, gasket forming material, material to cut new gaskets, find out what kind of tubes Honda and other MFRs use and buy it, Once you understand it, it isn't all that hard to do.....just takes a little time
Agreed, but I couldn't even get the carb off of this one. :lol:
Heck I have a Craftsman lawnmower from 1995, with an actual STEEL deck (that still looks newer than most 5 year old mowers) that JUST last season gave up the ghost (pour oil in, oil pours out) that I'm FINALLY going to surrender up. My mechanical skills are almost none existent but I think I'm only my second trimmer in 25 years and neither required any spectacular maintenance. Ok, none at all really.
Everything isn't supposed to be disposable.

You can probably find it here and cross reference it to buy one off Amazon for 10 bucks. Regardless this site is great for looking up numbers, but their prices aren't comparable to Amazon.
partstree.com

Most of the junk they make today is throw away, They don't want you to fix it and if you do six months down the road something will crap out.

Back
Top Bottom