• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My googlefu fails. Briggs carb needed.

Carb wire set.jpg
Half of it it is what jet sizes are fitted.
They do make carb tools that have all sizes of jet/orifice clearing/cleaning wires...... and they make all kinds of material and types of bulk material you can cut new gaskets with. It isn't rocket science...

My advise is to get to the Briggs engine and find the SPECIFIC number/serial plate and then enter that number on Amazon or wherever instead of the Toro-supplied part number....
It's not Toro, it's Troy-Bilt and the englne is Model 205412 Type 0126E1.
Based on that, I 'think' the carb is 591378.
I sure hope so.....
I'm just going to call Briggs on Monday a.m.

Ugly...when you put up an engine for the season, RUN the engine with the fuel supply shut off and let it die. THEN, pull the bowl drain plug and DRAIN it... Regardless, if there are no replacements, that mess could still be cleaned up and rehabbed....
Yeah that wasn't me. This machine was given to me and I'm trying to resurrect it. I only burn pure gas. If this is the aftermarket replacement, based on the reviews, no way I'd mess with trying to rehab that. https://www.amazon.com/694952-69591...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Yep...thats ethanol
Maybe....but it's a symptom of complete neglect, IMO.. VARNISH and crud from sitting with a full bowl over long periods. The problem is in the center brass stem orifice. There're a trick to taking that screw that holds it out and plunging the small gas feed orifice out....That mess could be cleaned up with carb cleaner, replace the bowl gasket and the center stem orifice cleaned out and it would run...

Yeah that wasn't me. This machine was given to me and I'm trying to resurrect it. I only burn pure gas. If this is the aftermarket replacement, based on the reviews, no way I'd mess with trying to rehab that. https://www.amazon.com/694952-69591...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
I figured it was somebody else that neglected it....A month or two ago during a power outage I had to give my sister and BIL MY generator to run their 3 freezers and I got his neglected Honda in almost the same condition. It took me three hours of cleaning and poking the orifices, but I got it running...

Back
Top Bottom