• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My googlefu fails. Briggs carb needed.

Yeah don't know. That's the problem. I can't find anything that is a direct reference. The guy who is repairing it is telling me it's $120 from his source and the part number he is using 694876. But as far as I can tell that is only the part number for the spacer but he says it's for the carb?
I just can't believe it cost anywhere near that for a small engine carb. Various searches offer about 100 options, all under $30 (some even supposedly USA made) but NONE show the relevant part numbers so I can verify in their information that will be compatible with this engine (which I think is the Briggs 200000 series).
And of course it's Saturday so Briggs, Troy-Bilt etc. are all closed.

OK, I need a carb for a Troy Bilt model 24A-494G063 (aka CS499). It's a 10hp Briggs motor.
Help...... :frusty:

My experience with some Big Brand equipment sellers like SEARS/Craftsman, etc. is that they make simple changes to the basic power plant, connecting accessories, etc. to keep the owner from going to second sources for parts. Engines are a favorite place. I had one engine on a craftsman blower where they'd had Briggs change the shaft size by 1/8th of an inch and there was no regular Briggs engine with that crank shaft diameter that would work....I had to buy a Tecumseh and turn down that crank to fit the blower/chipper mandrel... My advise is to get to the Briggs engine and find the SPECIFIC number/serial plate and then enter that number on Amazon or wherever instead of the Toro-supplied part number....

Back
Top Bottom