• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Excalibur purchase.....Stoked!

thelopeztribe

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
Finally got an Excalibur and ready to sight it in. Wanted to ask what other accessories and/or items I may want to put on my Christmas wish list?

I got this deal for about $360 with all that is included in the photo provided. Question I wanted to ask, is there a way to sight in the crossbow without having to buy a lead sled, etc.? I also wanted to ask if folks recommend hunting standing or sitting when using a ground blind?

Attachments

• IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 60
Dont worry about a lead sled just use a chair or table, riding mower, tree branch or whatever is available as a shooting rest.
You could use a lead sled but why spend the money?
I’m sure you’ve found out by now how consistent they shoot.

Once I sight in on the ground I put out my block at different yardages and practice from my climber or ladder.

You’ll find out that you need to aim a little low, usually 3” low when shooting from elevated levels unless you tweak it to hit dead on from your tree which I did personally this season.
I hit three right where I wanted them to go this season.

Have you practiced changing out your string in the field yet?
So easy which is one of the many features of the Excalibur that I love compared to the compound crossbows.

Dont worry about a lead sled just use a chair or table, riding mower, tree branch or whatever is available as a shooting rest.
You could use a lead sled but why spend the money?
I’m sure you’ve found out by now how consistent they shoot.

Once I sight in on the ground I put out my block at different yardages and practice from my climber or ladder.

You’ll find out that you need to aim a little low, usually 3” low when shooting from elevated levels unless you tweak it to hit dead on from your tree which I did personally this season.
I hit three right where I wanted them to go this season.

Have you practiced changing out your string in the field yet?
So easy which is one of the many features of the Excalibur that I love compared to the compound crossbows.
^^^^Good advice here!^^^^
Know how it shoots and where it hits from the ground and from the stand. Practice, practice, practice and don’t try to exceed the setup’s limitations. Also, practice with the broad head that you intend to use as some fly differently than the field points. Oh, and be sure to keep your thumb down below the path of the string when you shoot!

^^^^Good advice here!^^^^
Know how it shoots and where it hits from the ground and from the stand. Practice, practice, practice and don’t try to exceed the setup’s limitations. Also, practice with the broad head that you intend to use as some fly differently than the field points. Oh, and be sure to keep your thumb down below the path of the string when you shoot!

Oooo yeah.... that string will let you know real quickly if your thumb is up too high.
I schooled a friend of mine about that before I let him target shoot mine.
I must have told him at least a half dozen times to make sure no fingers go up above the rail so what does he do?
It thwanged his thumb really good so he set it down like it was the devil.....lol.

I should have named it Christine.

Oooo yeah.... that string will let you know real quickly if your thumb is up too high.
I must have told him at least a half dozen times to make sure no fingers go up above the rail so what does he do?
It thwanged his thumb really good so he set it down like it was the devil.....lol.

We had a fella in a lease I used to be in do the same thing. It ripped his thumb nail clean off and mangled his thumb tip.

We had a fella in a lease I used to be in do the same thing. It ripped his thumb nail clean off and mangled his thumb tip.
My dad did this. We went and picked up a crossbow for him to go bow hunting with me. I had to leave for work while he went out back to shoot. He sent me a picture of his while nail completetly torn off. @Benhad lol we ended up selling it the next day. Hopefully this doesn’t scare you. Lol

My dad did this. We went and picked up a crossbow for him to go bow hunting with me. I had to leave for work while he went out back to shoot. He sent me a picture of his while nail completetly torn off. @Benhad lol we ended up selling it the next day. Hopefully this doesn’t scare you. Lol
That has to suck. I’ve hit my bow arm with the string while shooting a compound bow a few times, but I don’t believe that is a close comparison to how it really feels.

My buddy raised his pointer finger up there sighting his in. Broke it quick like.

Back
Top Bottom