• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Egg’s smoking A** partner

I got the RT-590 last Christmas and absolutely love it. Have smoked everything, brisket, ribs, chicken, chuck roast, steak, pizza, all comes out amazing. Before that I used the Weber Smokey Mountain. Have only used it once since.

One I got is the 590... everyone’s telling me that I’m gonna be spoiled cause you don’t have to “tend the fire” it does it for you. I’ve spent many a nights doing brisket and loosing sleep cause the “egg” loves company. Lol... can’t wait. Gonna throw a butt on it tomorrow!

It’s so much easier to maintain the temp. I’ve done ribs, brisket, chicken, and lots of steaks. Love being able to reverse sear with mine.

It’s so much easier to maintain the temp. I’ve done ribs, brisket, chicken, and lots of steaks. Love being able to reverse sear with mine.

When you reverse sear do you use a cast iron griddle or the sear plates or what? I’m kinda lost there... on the egg a reverse sear is easy. Pull the meat off, open the vents to full, and wait for the temp to build.
Like I said... I’m gonna need some learning here.

My Camp Chef pellet smoker has a diffuser that covers the flame when you’re cooking with indirect heat. It also has a knob to pull the diffuser away from the flame which allows you to cook directly over the flame at any temperature. So, I start with the diffuser, get the steak up to 110, directly on the grill grates, then move the diffuser and cook directly over the flame, flipping every 30 seconds until the steak is a perfect medium rare.

I have a Vision Kamado smoker, but the pellet smoker is so much easier and faster.

Tell us what you want and I'm sure one of us pellet guys can give you the info. I'm about 800# of pellets into my RecTec and love to cook on it.

I’m looking at doin a 8lb butt tomorrow. On a Egg that’s anywhere from 10-12,13 hrs at 225ish... I would assume timing not gonna change but how long does it normally take for a pellet smoker to come to temp? I’m told they hold temp no fuss no muss... do you need to spritz more? Less? The same? An egg keeps the meat pretty damn moist but again... I’m in learning mode here so any advise is appreciated

My Camp Chef pellet smoker has a diffuser that covers the flame when you’re cooking with indirect heat. It also has a knob to pull the diffuser away from the flame which allows you to cook directly over the flame at any temperature. So, I start with the diffuser, get the steak up to 110, directly on the grill grates, then move the diffuser and cook directly over the flame, flipping every 30 seconds until the steak is a perfect medium rare.

I have a Vision Kamado smoker, but the pellet smoker is so much easier and faster.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

1C56FBF1-D3E2-4225-B58F-2E4AD2EC6AC5.jpeg

Mine takes about 6 mins to get to temp. (It even gives me a countdown timer showing how long until it reaches the preset temp.) I cook at the same temps as I do with my Kamado and my offset smoker. I can increase or decrease the smoke level nearly instantaneously as well as the temp. I don’t have to spritz any more than I do with any other smoker. This is the first brisket I did on my new Camp Chef. I had a PitBoss I used for 3 years until the auger went on it.

Back
Top Bottom