• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My dog plays me for a sucker

It's in their genes, and in ours at this point.

Dogs did so much better with humans to protect and feed them, and humans with dogs were much more effective hunters than those who didn't adopt them.

Give that 10,000 years or so and it's no wonder that man and dogs are so tightly bonded.

I'm allergic to dogs, but I've always have had one. Usually they stay outside and come into the basement at night or bad weather days. But my current one stays in the House on the main level. He's smart and doesn't even try to go upstairs where we have carpet.
He's spoiled by my wife, MIL and me. He'd love to be a lap dog, but at a 185-190 lbs it might hurt some to say the least.
I struggle now with my sinuses, but I still love him. He's a good boy and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. But he does get annoying in the kitchen, always in the way hoping for food. Laying his head down on the kitchen counters and constantly having to wipe them afterwards.
He's my boy, but I don't think I'm having anymore animals in the house after him. I mean we have birds, cats, lizards, frog & squirrels. So you can imagine the animal overload I've been feeling for years now.

I wake up at 5:30 every day my dog Doesn’t move out of the bed, I make my sandwich’s for lunch, is soon as I open the bread he jumps up and sits by me at the table with his sad eyes wanting a piece of ham, turkey or chicken, I give in and throw him several, as soon as I pull the plastic wrap out he goes right back to bed, doesn’t even see me out. Every day the same thing, I think he’s using me.

Y'all are going to say this ain't true, but I had dog that was a bird retrieving fool. Loved duck hunting.

If I got up, put on all my camo, pulled the shotgun out of the closet, he was bouncing off the walls, standing at the door, ready to go.

If I got up, put on all my camo and pulled my deer rifle, big yawn, he goes back to bed, asleep before I get out the door.

I didn't have to say a word.

Y'all are going to say this ain't true, but I had dog that was a bird retrieving fool. Loved duck hunting.

If I got up, put on all my camo, pulled the shotgun out of the closet, he was bouncing off the walls, standing at the door, ready to go.

If I got up, put on all my camo and pulled my deer rifle, big yawn, he goes back to bed, asleep before I get out the door.

That ain't strange at all, before I retired my could tell by how I dressed, if I put on work pants they didn't move and if I put on jeans they would beat me out the door

I'm allergic to dogs, but I've always have had one. Usually they stay outside and come into the basement at night or bad weather days. But my current one stays in the House on the main level. He's smart and doesn't even try to go upstairs where we have carpet.
He's spoiled by my wife, MIL and me. He'd love to be a lap dog, but at a 185-190 lbs it might hurt some to say the least.
I struggle now with my sinuses, but I still love him. He's a good boy and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. But he does get annoying in the kitchen, always in the way hoping for food. Laying his head down on the kitchen counters and constantly having to wipe them afterwards.
He's my boy, but I don't think I'm having anymore animals in the house after him. I mean we have birds, cats, lizards, frog & squirrels. So you can imagine the animal overload I've been feeling for years now.
Birds and cats make my sinuses go crazy, my Izzy is hypoallergenic

They are smart that way. If we were going to my mother's house and someone said " grandma's " my Staffy would run out of the house and jump up in the van and into the front passenger seat. After we got moving he jumped in back and laid his head on my son's leg and slept. The single second we turned into the neighborhood he jumped up and got between the two captains chairs with his paws on the dash and waited till we pulled in the driveway. He would then make a dart for the garage door my mom would leave open for him. He would then run in jump on the sofa and give her one just one big lick. Why did he keep all that memory like that. Well Everytime we went and took Opie my mom would get up and cook 3 pancakes, two fried eggs and fried bologna just for him. He sat there and watched patiently until he was served. They learn real good when there is a banquet at the end. My mother was never much of a pet lover but she adored Opie.

Back
Top Bottom