• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My dog plays me for a sucker

We had a mini Schnauzer years ago. If I was gone he would lay in the bed beside my wife until noon if she slept that late. If I was there , about 5 am he would put his front paws on my chest and get within an inch of so of my face with his face. If my eyes opened slightly it was off to the races. After he walked the neighborhood peeing on every blade of grass he’d go back to bed and I’d be up!

I wake up at 5:30 every day my dog Doesn’t move out of the bed, I make my sandwich’s for lunch, is soon as I open the bread he jumps up and sits by me at the table with his sad eyes wanting a piece of ham, turkey or chicken, I give in and throw him several, as soon as I pull the plastic wrap out he goes right back to bed, doesn’t even see me out. Every day the same thing, I think he’s using me.
Hahaha... They’re just like kids, they learn how to manipulate you... lol

I wake up at 5:30 every day my dog Doesn’t move out of the bed, I make my sandwich’s for lunch, is soon as I open the bread he jumps up and sits by me at the table with his sad eyes wanting a piece of ham, turkey or chicken, I give in and throw him several, as soon as I pull the plastic wrap out he goes right back to bed, doesn’t even see me out. Every day the same thing, I think he’s using me.

Welcome to the club. My two dogs play me like a fiddle every day and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

So you think, he knows what he’s doing :bounce:
He is a toy chorkie and weighs 5.5# and is full grown. His legs aren't long enough to reach the steps coming down and since they are wood; he would be tumbling end over end down them. He only comes up to the belly on the male Bengal cat; so he is about the size of a big Guinee pig. He is a rescue and wife loves him so he get carried up the stairs.

IMG_0285.JPG
When my one rescued beagle blew out her back, after $4000 worth of surgery, the vet said no more stairs. The only way to get to the back yard was through the walk out basement, down the stairs. I built this ramp, carpeted and covered, with a double doggie door, so she could go up and down as needed. She is still using it ten years later!

View attachment 3263140When my one rescued beagle blew out her back, after $4000 worth of surgery, the vet said no more stairs. The only way to get to the back yard was through the walk out basement, down the stairs. I built this ramp, carpeted and covered, with a double doggie door, so she could go up and down as needed. She is still using it ten years later!
WOW.... I am really amazed with your care and love for your lil friend. Very nice job though.... And a great idea, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom