• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My county’s Second Amendment Resolution

What could a small percentage of the population of 13 colonies have done against the most powerful military force/empire of it's time? Oh, that's right. They said F you and starting killing redcoats. What we all need to come to grips with is, if it ever comes to that, it's going to cost us everything we have. And we need to be ok with that. Hopefully that can be avoided by the proper application of public pressure. And getting rid of the notion that anyone in gov, from small town leo to president, regardless of political party, including anyone who works for government in any capacity, is not on our side. The time is quickly coming where a side must be chosen. Anyone that takes the government cheese is on the other one. This includes businesses that take government contracts. And the secretary at the county water department. Boycott and ostracize. Let them know that staying on for a paycheck or their retirement is not an excuse. Trying to keep their business afloat is not an excuse. Even participation through active participation in the sham (like voting or supporting the "good" politicians) is across the line. If we are gonna say no its gotta be a hard no.

This is a good sentiment.

But one thing I don't understand about people who bring up the revolutionary war is how tone deaf it is.

The red coats did not have smart bombs, combat drones, grid to grid surveillance and intelligence, heavy ordinance that can be delivered in seconds, and thermal sights. As much as I want to believe us regular people could be like the founding fathers; the reality does not favor us.

The only thing we could possibly do is completely band together as a nation and tear down institutions that enable the oppression like law enforcement and federal systems. But the chances of that ever happening is less than zero.

This is a good sentiment.

But one thing I don't understand about people who bring up the revolutionary war is how tone deaf it is.

The red coats did not have smart bombs, combat drones, grid to grid surveillance and intelligence, heavy ordinance that can be delivered in seconds, and thermal sights. As much as I want to believe us regular people could be like the founding fathers; the reality does not favor us.

The only thing we could possibly do is completely band together as a nation and tear down institutions that enable the oppression like law enforcement and federal systems. But the chances of that ever happening is less than zero.

While I hope it doesnt come to that and firmly believe it doesn't have to, I don't believe the sentiment is tone deaf.

I sincerely doubt the people would be on their own if it ever comes to a fight like that. I believe we would have states secede along with their own capabilities plus large parts of the armed services would defect bringing their expertise and equipment. That would be likely if we got to that point I think.

I also believe, no matter what a peoples capabilities, at a certain point numbers do matter. If you look at the numbers of all leo, national guard, or all federal employees within each state they are dwarfed by the population of just one city within the state. One hunting rifle doesnt amount to a hill of beans. A million hunting rifles matter (just an example to make a point not literal numbers). All we would really need is the majority of the armed services to sit it out and an equal number defect as would join in on the other side. Which I don't see as an outlandish notion. The brass of the military may have been corrupted but the rank and file, which know very much what they are about, are good solid folk with good principles.

That being said, you are correct that it would be a god awful fight that would likely rip the fabric of the country apart. It would cost us everything even with the scenario I laid out. Everything. In the hopes our kids could earn it back.

The biggest obstacles would be unfriendly skies and fed intel capabilities. The Afghans were getting torn apart by the Russians until we provided them with the ability to neutralize the air Russians air superiority. Drones, hellfires, thermal imaging, dominance over communications, etc would be a huge challenge. The way you defeat some aspects of technology (when it comes to intel aspects) is to live like it's the past.

I really don't believe any of this is necessary however. Really all we have to do is nonviolently "starve the beast". "Go Galt". These people derive their power from us. Our efforts, participation and (at the very least) implied consent. If we just stopped contributing our effort, stopped participating in the farce, and definitively denied them our consent it would be relatively simple to bring these people/organizations to their knees. Notice I used the word simple because none of this would in any way be easy. It will still cost us everything we have (and I truly mean everything-we need to really wrap our heads around what that means and get comfortable with it) just less violently with a lower body count.

Like you, I don't consider any of this likely. The response from the American people to recent events has been underwhelming compared to the lowest of my expectations. So, I just live my life towards what I can control in accordance with my principles. I will provide the bare minimum of effort, the least amount of participation I can get away with, and am (some would say annoyingly) loud in denying my consent. I do this while also doing my best to prepare myself and my loved ones for what I consider to be a likely future. Hope for the best plan for the worst within the framework my (our) principles allow.

I just saw you quoted my post and responded. Don't remember the point of the thread and had no intention of hijacking it. My apologies if I have done so.

"The red coats did not have smart bombs, combat drones, grid to grid surveillance and intelligence, heavy ordinance that can be delivered in seconds, and thermal sights. As much as I want to believe us regular people could be like the founding fathers; the reality does not favor us."

What you're referring to is the complete asymmetry of entrenched government vs. much smaller, less-equipped opponents. We've already been shown in Viet Nam and Iraq, and in Afghanistan, especially, that it's the asymmetry that it is so, so difficult to beat. It really boils down to strength of ideals and commitment - on both sides.

"The red coats did not have smart bombs, combat drones, grid to grid surveillance and intelligence, heavy ordinance that can be delivered in seconds, and thermal sights. As much as I want to believe us regular people could be like the founding fathers; the reality does not favor us."

What you're referring to is the complete asymmetry of entrenched government vs. much smaller, less-equipped opponents. We've already been shown in Viet Nam and Iraq, and in Afghanistan, especially, that it's the asymmetry that it is so, so difficult to beat. It really boils down to strength of ideals and commitment - on both sides.

When referring to Vietnam and even the recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan; the government did not have the **** they have now either. Its night and day. With that said; you also need to keep in mind that we the colonists did not win the revolutionary war singlehandedly. We received international help from the worlds superpowers back then including an entire Navy that hemorrhaged their reinforcements and supply chains and tons of professional espionage from those powers took place that helped the colonists overcome the British as well.

Americans are unlikely to receive international help in Revolutionary war 2.0 except from maybe; ironically the communists and the federalists overseas. The other half is that asymmetry warfare of government vs people changes when the battleground is both combatants home field. Finally, the American people do not have the spirit and willingness to die for their ideals the way the Viet Cong, the Afghanis, the insurgents and even the colonists of a time long gone. It's simply the truth.

When referring to Vietnam and even the recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan; the government did not have the **** they have now either. Its night and day. With that said; you also need to keep in mind that we the colonists did not win the revolutionary war singlehandedly. We received international help from the worlds superpowers back then including an entire Navy that hemorrhaged their reinforcements and supply chains and tons of professional espionage from those powers took place that helped the colonists overcome the British as well.

Americans are unlikely to receive international help in Revolutionary war 2.0 except from maybe; ironically the communists and the federalists overseas. The other half is that asymmetry warfare of government vs people changes when the battleground is both combatants home field. Finally, the American people do not have the spirit and willingness to die for their ideals the way the Viet Cong, the Afghanis, the insurgents and even the colonists of a time long gone. It's simply the truth.
You have some valid points but you also need to understand the government isn’t going to drop a smart bomb in an American neighborhood. The optics of all that war tech use are a public relations nightmare. Hearts and minds.

You have some valid points but you also need to understand the government isn’t going to drop a smart bomb in an American neighborhood. The optics of all that war tech use are a public relations nightmare. Hearts and minds.

Remember when the police used a robot with a bomb strapped to it on the Dallas shooter a few years ago and nobody batted an eye? You think it's going to bother the average liberal's and even regular American citizen hearts and minds to see "white supremacist terrorists" suppressed with smart bombs or drone delivered airburst grenades that did not endanger any "relevant" lives?

Remember Waco how they burned down the entire place with women and children inside over a couple of dead agents and nobody did a damn thing about it? Ruby Ridge? Last I recalled; all the officers and people involved are retired happily with nice lifestyles. Not even vigilante justice or karma has hit them.

The American people don't have any hearts nor minds to even give.

Brings Tears to my eyes, to see Big Balls standing and declaring, Shall not be infringed with our Constitution..Keep it up we stand with you!!!

Back
Top Bottom