• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My county’s Second Amendment Resolution

Soul Soul

I am in a different position and I’m not sitting around begging to keep my weapons... I will use them to feed my family and protect my family period! If that threat comes to my property, they better know I was here first and I know it well...

Soul Soul

I am in a different position and I’m not sitting around begging to keep my weapons... I will use them to feed my family and protect my family period! If that threat comes to my property, they better know I was here first and I know it well...

I respect that sentiment. Truly I do. But what can you or myself do against an army? Hell even a squad? We gun owners have become so individualized that we are completely isolated and vulnerable.

individualists do not understand that isolating yourself as an individual is the ultimate conclusion of divide and conquer. a single man is but a corpse in the face of an army neighborhood militias will be necessary since the regular militias will do nothing to help.

If the law comes to MY door; I will do nothing but surrender. Because I know I can't count on the next gun owner to help me or my family. A shootout is just suicide by cop even for the most well equipped citizen.

Not to sound pessimistic but as someone who's worked closely with law enforcement in many parts of the country; and overseas. There isn't much difference between ours and theirs. Just body cameras that make a slight difference. The mentality and objective of law enforcement is all the same. "Us VS Them" . Many people lose sight of this because they project their own sensibilities and reasoning to law enforcement because we are used to "humanizing" things. Believe me. Empathy is not something in the training indoctrination. Especially if a state of emergency gets declared or if the powers that be threaten their own lifestyles.

If a sheriff of any city\township of consequence ever deputized every non-criminal resident as you put it; would be the day pigs fly.

At the end of the day; I think people should take a long think about what the second amendment is meant to safeguard against and stop thinking they are aligned with certain groups because of shared interest. Law enforcement does not align with gun owners the way gun owners try to align with law enforcement.

Que someone throwing an anecdote at me about an incident that happened in a sparely populated county with 4 men in the sheriff department as an argument.
iu

Good on them.

I do not quite understand the meaning of the paragraph, :
"BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Harris County Commissioners pledge not to allocate any funds, except as required by State or Federal laws, that could possibly by used to violate the Constitutional Rights of any of our citizens to keep and bear arms."

So, the Board will not allocate funds that could violate Constitutional Rights, unless ordered by the State or Feds - then they will violate the Rights. Does not ring right! The Board has a right and responsibility to NOT obey any law (State or Federal) that would violate the Rights of a citizen.

I was gonna ask the same thing. Seems like a meaningless political statement if you actually read it. Well, doesn't seem like it. It is.

I respect that sentiment. Truly I do. But what can you or myself do against an army? Hell even a squad? We gun owners have become so individualized that we are completely isolated and vulnerable.

individualists do not understand that isolating yourself as an individual is the ultimate conclusion of divide and conquer. a single man is but a corpse in the face of an army neighborhood militias will be necessary since the regular militias will do nothing to help.

If the law comes to MY door; I will do nothing but surrender. Because I know I can't count on the next gun owner to help me or my family. A shootout is just suicide by cop even for the most well equipped citizen.

What could a small percentage of the population of 13 colonies have done against the most powerful military force/empire of it's time? Oh, that's right. They said F you and starting killing redcoats. What we all need to come to grips with is, if it ever comes to that, it's going to cost us everything we have. And we need to be ok with that. Hopefully that can be avoided by the proper application of public pressure. And getting rid of the notion that anyone in gov, from small town leo to president, regardless of political party, including anyone who works for government in any capacity, is not on our side. The time is quickly coming where a side must be chosen. Anyone that takes the government cheese is on the other one. This includes businesses that take government contracts. And the secretary at the county water department. Boycott and ostracize. Let them know that staying on for a paycheck or their retirement is not an excuse. Trying to keep their business afloat is not an excuse. Even participation through active participation in the sham (like voting or supporting the "good" politicians) is across the line. If we are gonna say no its gotta be a hard no.

Back
Top Bottom