• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My county’s Second Amendment Resolution

I heard that few weeks ago but as far as I know Whitfield county is 2nd Amendment sanctuary and several sheriffs officer I know they say they wont enforce any unconstitutional laws
I know Gordon is and I got land on both sides of the line. Like I said, he seems pretty reasonable and he's not an anti-gunner. I believe he may have wanted to win in Dalton and might not fly that D flag all too hard.

I know Gordon is and I got land on both sides of the line. Like I said, he seems pretty reasonable and he's not an anti-gunner. I believe he may have wanted to win in Dalton and might not fly that D flag all too hard.

When the chips are down; I guarantee you he will happily choose his own paycheck, family, creature comforts, and security over your rights.

When the chips are down; I guarantee you he will happily choose his own paycheck, family, creature comforts, and security over your rights.
You having a bad day man?
I don't disagree with you necessarily because my point was that he is primarily a politician.

You having a bad day man?
I don't disagree with you necessarily because my point was that he is primarily a politician.

Is stating facts having a bad day or are you practicing projection? Also; you stating he's a politician goes inline with what I'm saying. There is no such thing as being "reasonable" when it comes to a politician to citizen relationship. Especially ones that control their own private army. Treating them as anything other than a ticking time bomb is naive at best and dangerous at worst.

Is stating facts having a bad day or are you practicing projection? Also; you stating he's a politician goes inline with what I'm saying. There is no such thing as being "reasonable" when it comes to a politician to citizen relationship. Especially ones that control their own private army. Treating them as anything other than a ticking time bomb is naive at best and dangerous at worst.
Nevermind

I tend to agree. I do believe there are some who would deputize every non felon county resident and make NFA weapons available to them.

Not to sound pessimistic but as someone who's worked closely with law enforcement in many parts of the country; and overseas. There isn't much difference between ours and theirs. Just body cameras that make a slight difference. The mentality and objective of law enforcement is all the same. "Us VS Them" . Many people lose sight of this because they project their own sensibilities and reasoning to law enforcement because we are used to "humanizing" things. Believe me. Empathy is not something in the training indoctrination. Especially if a state of emergency gets declared or if the powers that be threaten their own lifestyles.

If a sheriff of any city\township of consequence ever deputized every non-criminal resident as you put it; would be the day pigs fly.

At the end of the day; I think people should take a long think about what the second amendment is meant to safeguard against and stop thinking they are aligned with certain groups because of shared interest. Law enforcement does not align with gun owners the way gun owners try to align with law enforcement.

Que someone throwing an anecdote at me about an incident that happened in a sparely populated county with 4 men in the sheriff department as an argument.

Back
Top Bottom