• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My county’s Second Amendment Resolution

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
216   0
Reaction score
Harris County board of commissioners signed a Second Amendment Resolution for the county back in March 17, 2020

I know that we’ve got a really dedicated Sheriff that’s been on Fox News several times for being politically incorrect... it’s good to be home.

5309946A-1B8D-4FE7-A04C-4B0AFE899138.jpeg

Good on them.

I do not quite understand the meaning of the paragraph, :
"BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Harris County Commissioners pledge not to allocate any funds, except as required by State or Federal laws, that could possibly by used to violate the Constitutional Rights of any of our citizens to keep and bear arms."

So, the Board will not allocate funds that could violate Constitutional Rights, unless ordered by the State or Feds - then they will violate the Rights. Does not ring right! The Board has a right and responsibility to NOT obey any law (State or Federal) that would violate the Rights of a citizen.

Good on them.

"BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Harris County Commissioners pledge not to allocate any funds, except as required by State or Federal laws, that could possibly by used to violate the Constitutional Rights of any of our citizens to keep and bear arms."

So, the Board will not allocate funds that could violate Constitutional Rights, unless ordered by the State or Feds - then they will violate the Rights. Does not ring right! The Board has a right and responsibility to NOT obey any law (State or Federal) that would violate the Rights of a citizen.

Thats why I posted it here to get a once over. Seems like a loophole

Good on them.

This is why I laughed out loud. Virtue signaling isn't a quality only the left possesses.

Also; when are gun owners going to learn that law enforcement is not on their side?

The sheriff said he’d deputize all citizens if it came down to it... I hear other sheriff’s following suit in other states as well.

The first part of my previous reply addresses that point. Kind of like how the left promises free citizenship to illegals and student loan forgiveness to ingrate morons with toilet paper degrees.

Got a Democrat Sheriff in Whitfield. Nice enough guy, didn't know it until I voted up here. He ran unopposed
I heard that few weeks ago but as far as I know Whitfield county is 2nd Amendment sanctuary and several sheriffs officer I know they say they wont enforce any unconstitutional laws

Back
Top Bottom