• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Christmas present arrives today

You have to run them with propane. Natural gas will stop flowing when electricity shuts down. No pumps no gas.
This is in my humble opinion,
Used to be the case but natural gas suppliers have pumps etc. now that run on, guess what? Natural gas.....

I've had several power outages at my house, most recent was near 2 days. None of the gas flow was affected. Heater worked, stove worked, hot water worked. No pilot lights went out.

Used to be the case but natural gas suppliers have pumps etc. now that run on, guess what? Natural gas.....

I've had several power outages at my house, most recent was near 2 days. None of the gas flow was affected. Heater worked, stove worked, hot water worked. No pilot lights went out.
I have lost power for up to 5 days several times, but thankfully not as many now..Power company has really worked hard taking trees down coming up my Mountain, to help solve the power outage..I am tired of running up and down the stairs to refill the Genny tank and also running the extension cords..Health is not up to par and this will make it easier...Can't wait....

I have lost power for up to 5 days several times, but thankfully not as many now..Power company has really worked hard taking trees down coming up my Mountain, to help solve the power outage..I am tired of running up and down the stairs to refill the Genny tank and also running the extension cords..Health is not up to par and this will make it easier...Can't wait....
I figured the one thing I needed to survive was heat so I figured up my amp draw by the heater/blower, etc. and got a small generator that could handle it. I then rewired it's feed for a back feed receptacle with a cutout switch and a suicide cord. One double pole-double throw 20 AMP cutout switch before the receptacle isolates the whole thing. Even at 72, I figure I can still carry a one gallon can of gas down to the generator to run the heat long enough to warm up the house.

I figured the one thing I needed to survive was heat so I figured up my amp draw by the heater/blower, etc. and got a small generator that could handle it. I then rewired it's feed for a back feed receptacle with a cutout switch and a suicide cord. One double pole-double throw 20 AMP cutout switch before the receptacle isolates the whole thing. Even at 72, I figure I can still carry a one gallon can of gas down to the generator to run the heat long enough to warm up the house.
I use a small transfer pump run by 2AA batteries cost about 25$ on Amazon. To dangerous to transfer fuel from the 5 gallon gas can to the Genny...I do it after I turn it off but,,It's to much of a pain to do it another way, with these new gas cans.. I am also going to go from an electric stove to a gas stove and hopefully go to, on demand gas water system..

Back
Top Bottom