• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My birthday cake!

Poppa Mike

Default rank 5000+ posts
4H rifle team coach
40   0
Reaction score
Yesterday, my lovely wife made a homemade from scratch german chocolate cake with caramel coconut pecan icing for my birthday. Instead of a layer cake she did this one as a “pokey hole” cake. She made a double batch of the caramel icing, poked holes in the cake and poured half the icing over it. She then added the coconut and pecans to the rest of the caramel icing and spread it over the cake.
MMMMMMM MMMMMMMM GOOD!!!!”
0DD3A419-F87D-4EFC-B843-E320641FB7D4.jpeg

had me a piece of it for dessert this evening.........but all I’m willing to share is this photo!

Yesterday, my lovely wife made a homemade from scratch german chocolate cake with caramel coconut pecan icing for my birthday. Instead of a layer cake she did this one as a “pokey hole” cake. She made a double batch of the caramel icing, poked holes in the cake and poured half the icing over it. She then added the coconut and pecans to the rest of the caramel icing and spread it over the cake.
MMMMMMM MMMMMMMM GOOD!!!!”
View attachment 2378253
had me a piece of it for dessert this evening.........but all I’m willing to share is this photo!

Very nice! Looks like you were so excited that you just reached in with your hand and grabbed a piece.

Back
Top Bottom