• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 75gal. reverse flow offset smoker build (pic) heavy ..FINISHED

I'm not real sure yet, my original idea was to have a solid plate with a 30° (ish) break in it with a slight fall to one side of the smoker with a pipe at the end of it comming out the bottom with a ball valve so everything could be collected in a bucket or can. My thought was minimum clean up. I feel like with the adjustable plates I'd have to take them out clean them and then clean the bottom of the smoker etc.
THAT BEING SAID,I do like the idea of the adjustable plats better.

With adjustable plates, you could remove them to clean. My smoker has an opening at one end and just behind that is a drain w/ a ball valve. I also have a long handled tool (ash rake) used for cleaning. It's just shorter than a broom handle, all metal, and the end has a curved piece to match the curvature of the bottom of the smoker. I open the valve and put a bucket under it, then drag the tool along the bottom. Most of the stuff fall into the drain, but not all. Good way to clean it.

This is what it looks like:
d193453hoiapjt.cloudfront.net_data_gatorpitoftexas_images_products_l_164518ashrake1.jpg

http://www.gatorpit.net/store.html

Did you build yours ? I know heat control is the the purpose of adjustable plates, but do you ever really move them around and make gaps between them or just push the up against each other ?

With adjustable plates, you could remove them to clean. My smoker has an opening at one end and just behind that is a drain w/ a ball valve. I also have a long handled tool (ash rake) used for cleaning. It's just shorter than a broom handle, all metal, and the end has a curved piece to match the curvature of the bottom of the smoker. I open the valve and put a bucket under it, then drag the tool along the bottom. Most of the stuff fall into the drain, but not all. Good way to clean it.

This is what it looks like:
d193453hoiapjt.cloudfront.net_data_gatorpitoftexas_images_products_l_164518ashrake1.jpg

http://www.gatorpit.net/store.html

Did you build yours ? I know heat control is the the purpose of adjustable plates, but do you ever really move them around and make gaps between them or just push the up against each other ?

Oh no, I don't have those kind of metal fabricating skills. Mine came from Gator pit. As for the plates, varies by what you're smoking.

Back
Top Bottom