• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 75gal. reverse flow offset smoker build (pic) heavy ..FINISHED

Went in early to mock up a latch for the fire box, maybe a little too early cause i drilled a few holes in the wrong place but ill plug weld em. I wanted the door to latch at the top and bottom but i only wanted to pull the handle once.
I also wanted the latch to hold the ash pan in place while in the down position so it won't rattle out comming down the road. the latch will hang off the side of the box Ijust couldn't hold it and get a pic. this is just the mock up all the edges of the flat bar will get a radius edge

I'm not real sure yet, my original idea was to have a solid plate with a 30° (ish) break in it with a slight fall to one side of the smoker with a pipe at the end of it comming out the bottom with a ball valve so everything could be collected in a bucket or can. My thought was minimum clean up. I feel like with the adjustable plates I'd have to take them out clean them and then clean the bottom of the smoker etc.
THAT BEING SAID,I do like the idea of the adjustable plats better.
I thought it looked pretty big! Are you going to put in adjustable plates for reverse flow?

Back
Top Bottom