• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Musical Instruments

That is excellent! I’m actually about to start dabbling with recording. I got the drums setup, guitar and getting some gear to play different parts and lay them down. I’m very much not professional, but have fun playing and I think recording will be a great challenge and outlet.

Post a picture when you get all setup. Recording is not very difficult and doesn't cost a lot nowadays to get a studio up and running. I used to work Pro Audio at Guitar Center years ago so I've built out studios. There's some methods and VSTs that save a ton of time and money. If I can be of assistance, let me know.

Post a picture when you get all setup. Recording is not very difficult and doesn't cost a lot nowadays to get a studio up and running. I used to work Pro Audio at Guitar Center years ago so I've built out studios. There's some methods and VSTs that save a ton of time and money. If I can be of assistance, let me know.
Thank you so much! I’ll definitely post some pics soon. I got a sweet new mic, headphones, some pedals for the guitar, an Orba and several apps on the iPad Pro. Hopefully it’ll be a good starting point. Seen the Orba? Pretty neat little tool.

Attachments

• 4583F7AD-6103-4526-A744-C6D5E48BBFF0.jpeg
    4583F7AD-6103-4526-A744-C6D5E48BBFF0.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 5
Thank you so much! I’ll definitely post some pics soon. I got a sweet new mic, headphones, some pedals for the guitar, an Orba and several apps on the iPad Pro. Hopefully it’ll be a good starting point. Seen the Orba? Pretty neat little tool.

Just watched a video on it. Pretty cool. Reminds me of the DJTT midi fighter and the Korg Kaoss. I'm more partial to my Maschine Studio, keyboard and drum set, but that thing looks pretty sweet!

If you plan on really getting into recording and making full tracks, I suggest looking at a Midi keyboard and something like the Maschine since it comes with an abundance of sounds and upgrades. Plus you can really customize your own sounds and there's a megaton of free VSTs for it. You can record vocals, mix, add effects, and all that in one DAW.

What DAW are you recording into and what interface?

Wife plays piano. I am trying to learn acoustic guitar.

Here's something I used to learn keys and a bit of guitar. There's a sale going on right now and it's absolutely worth it. Once I got some chords down, it made it much easier to come up with ideas in the studio.

For anyone into recording, there's a ton of free VSTs (virtual studio technology). They work with your recording software (Ableton, Protools, Garageband, FL, etc) and are a great way to add tons of different instruments without the cost. There are also VSTs to add things like reverb, space, compression, etc. Here's a few:

I use a few paid VSTs as well. You can spend a few dollars and get amazing results. Check out:

Back
Top Bottom