• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MUSIC: What are you listening to right now?

So many great people from different bands. Original album is one of my favorites.

I only discovered this band by accident on youtube a couple years ago.
I never even heard of this band growing up in the 70’s -80’s and I was around music scene a lot.
I asked many friends and family
members about them and only my oldest Brother who is a professional studio drummer knew about them.
For you guys that love the music scene it’s pretty wild to know that certain bands actually use studio musicians to cut albums with instead of their own real band members who actually do the live gigs and may have written and developed the material.
It’s a cut throat business and some bands are even forced to use studio musicians when their own guys are awol or messed up drugs,etc.
My Brother is one of these guys for hire and has clobbered the drums for many popular bands in studio sessions and live on stage.
He’s worked with Rick Derringer, Pat Benatar, Procol Harum, Dee Snyder and others including numerous bands who need a crazy good drummer for hire.
Lots of garage band memories from the 70’s.
The basement was always littered with full ashtrays, beer cups and awesome music gear which I would sneak and mess with when nobody was around.
When the band ramped up the whole street would be littered with muscle cars and scary looking long haired dudes with guitars and other gear .
There was no shortage of pretty girls and the neighbors never complained.
Definitely a different era than today.
We had the cops come one time and they ended up staying to hear the band jam out some killer tunes.
Our backyard was like an amphitheater and it was nothing to have 100 neighbors show up to enjoy the music.

Back
Top Bottom