• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MUSIC: What are you listening to right now?

Another early influence in my young years. along with Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" and Yes "Close to the Edge".

Funny, about ELP, I always thought Yes's Rick Wakeman as the King of keyboards back then. I didn't appreciate Keith Emerson until I grew older. Emerson was an amazing talent. I hated classical music at the time, but over the years Emerson's tracks on that album put him a close second.

He was a great talent back in the day.

BTW, the Bill Weathers original track of "Ain't No Sunshine" was much better the one I posted before. The strings make the difference...

Must not forget Deep Purple's Jon Lord. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

So did I post something from Heilung yet? They remind me of the Scottish band Albannach, but more trans-cultural than that since they are broader than just the Irish-Scottish Celtic.

These guys (and gal) are... what can I say... primal, pagan, raw, earthy, animalistic. Nordic Viking age or Iron Age kind of thing. All their songs are sung in ancient and dead languages like Germanic, Old Norse, East Germanic Gothic, or Old Anglo-Saxon English.

Sometimes I wonder if BIKER13 BIKER13 is one of the backup vocalists. :lol:

Some of the YouTube comments are hilarious...
  • "The last thing 20,000 Romans heard echoing through the forest."
  • "Legends has it this will summon the techno viking."
  • "This is the kind of music I listen to but never tell my friends about."
  • "I introduced Heilung to my <1 yr old nephew. He recently razed his first village. I'm so proud of him!"
  • "Showed this to my girlfriend. I'm single now."
  • "I am a finnish teenage girl, how is it possible that i have a foot long beard now?"

Back
Top Bottom