• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Multiple caliber suppressors

I am a newbie a far as cans go. My question is around these "hybrid" suppressors. Do they suppress just as well on all calibers or can I expect some difference. What about accuracy?

Thanks All!
Just buy 3 cans right out the gate and save a lot of time waiting. Buy a dedicated 22lr can, a 45 can, and a 30 cal can.

I really like my Dead Air Mask, Octane 45, and YHM Resonator. All 3 can be had for under $2200 roughly(when in stock).

Just buy 3 cans right out the gate and save a lot of time waiting. Buy a dedicated 22lr can, a 45 can, and a 30 cal can.

I really like my Dead Air Mask, Octane 45, and YHM Resonator. All 3 can be had for under $2200 roughly(when in stock).
I am mainly looking for 17 HMR, 22LR and 9mm. Any advice?

Subd.

Any recommendations on a 30 cal can that can also suppress 9mm?

When you say .30 cal... which .30 cal? .308? 300 WinMag? Regardless, all of those bullets are approximately 7.62mm diameter... so 9mm going through it will be an issue, at least the first time :P . You'd likely want to go up to the next common caliber rifle can, which would be a .458 rifle rated can.

When you say .30 cal... which .30 cal? .308? 300 WinMag? Regardless, all of those bullets are approximately 7.62mm diameter... so 9mm going through it will be an issue, at least the first time :P . You'd likely want to go up to the next common caliber rifle can, which would be a .458 rifle rated can.
I was watching a Mr.Gunsandgear video that, as I understood it, there were .30 cal cans that could also suppress 9mm, but I may have misunderstood. Thanks for the insight.

Do Not Use a .30 can for 9mm.

9mm is slightly bigger than .30 cal.

Cans are over bored by a small margin..if you shoot a caliber your can is not designed for it could lead to bodily injury and destruction of the suppressor.

Also alignment rods are your friend.

Back
Top Bottom