• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving with NFA items

The engraving was due to you/trust being the manufacturer. No issues there. Moving to a different city or county is no big issue. Update the trust with the new address. Nothing about the NFA item(s) has to change or be engraved differently. Now moving out of state is a whole different issue.

The engraving was due to you/trust being the manufacturer. No issues there. Moving to a different city or county is no big issue. Update the trust with the new address. Nothing about the NFA item(s) has to change or be engraved differently. Now moving out of state is a whole different issue.

^^What he said

This is correct. I moved within the same county and did not have to update the atf. However, I did fill out the form anyways to get it updated in the system just in case, but was told by the atf agent it was not required. Out of state is when you have to get approval first.

The only issue I have ever had after I moved was when I sold an item and the form 4 to Xfer to an out of state SOT, was rejected, as the address was different in the ATF's database, than the form submitted. The examiner actually called me and asked me to file a 5320.20 for a permanent move and send it to them .

bumping this,

do you guys know if i purchase a new nfa Item if I need to change the address with the ATF? I'm in the process of moving to another house in the same city..

bumping this,

do you guys know if i purchase a new nfa Item if I need to change the address with the ATF? I'm in the process of moving to another house in the same city..

You should file a form 5320.20 so that if you ever do want to sell or transfer an NFA item to a different owner/entity, that the transfer will go thru'. Since you're in the same city, you're not falling foul of the much greater no-no of interstate transportation.

Back
Top Bottom