• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving OTP

How are Roswell’s schools compared to east ATL, I hear Milton has one of the top HS in the state.

The elementary school in East Atlanta was great aside from some of the political ideas my kids were being pushed. The middle school was a bit concerning but the High School was okay, would have probably been fine by the time my kids got there.

Here the schools are all a solid 8-9/10. We have no qualms about our kids education and their safety here.

They call this chapter, 'white flight'

Get the hell out of there. Your life may truly depend on it!
I use the term "Great white flight" often and I have taken part in it. I think it's a generic term because we weren't leaving home to escape any particular people. Just running from all those assholes. Crowded down there.
Paulding hasn't been out of the news since I left. It was a big deal for me to leave. I was kind of "somebody" down there. I am just nobody up here and I feel like I left a ton of weight behind.
@captdave77 says I left that place like a Guy Ritchie movie. Walking away as **** is blowing up behind me.
Anyway, what I meant was we made a preemptive flight and made it at the right time.

I use the term "Great white flight" often and I have taken part in it. I think it's a generic term because we weren't leaving home to escape any particular people. Just running from all those assholes. Crowded down there.
Paulding hasn't been out of the news since I left. It was a big deal for me to leave. I was kind of "somebody" down there. I am just nobody up here and I feel like I left a ton of weight behind.
@captdave77 says I left that place like a Guy Ritchie movie. Walking away as **** is blowing up behind me.
Anyway, what I meant was we made a preemptive flight and made it at the right time.
Yeah, I wasn’t a big deal in town, and I’m not here either, but there was no way in hell I was about to drop 1/2 a million plus on a new house and wonder about the schools or the kids riding their bikes down to a friends house. I thought the city was moving in the right direction 4-5 years ago, neighborhoods and schools were improving drastically, businesses were moving there, development was crazy busy. Then the last election happened... The new mayor closed the city jail, publicly announced that they would not pursue criminals for safety reasons, then attacked our officers and police force after the recent events. That’s just some of the issues...

Welcome to Roswell. I've been here for about 10 years, yes it is definitely quieter than the schitty. In the last decade, I've came to learn how crooked the politics are here and the congestion and changing demographics (also the increase in crime) has got us looking for our next move to be elsewhere.

In the meantime, enjoy your new tranquility and let me know if you want to share a bottle and some war stories.

Check out 30506.......right nice.......+ a bottle of Jack.

the more the "transients" continue to evacuate to the larger sideroad towns in attempt to flee theirsinking ship, the worse it gets. As they move in, important members of the community leave. Losing jobs, important votes and needed voices.

It is more difficult to watch it burn to the ground than to leave the image you want in memory in the rearview. Sometimes you gotta call the ugly baby ugly. And sometimes the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

If you ask me you heavily upgraded. I saw that spread you posted (pg version) and it was lovely.

Roswell is nice. I live in Woodstock but I am a stones throw from Roswell without Fulton taxes. Here recently there have been a lot of city people moving out and coming my way. I don't mind that so much but i know that it brings a lot of the same mentality along with it. My next move will be to some land further out. I'm waiting on the kids to graduate for now though. 1 down 2 to go.

Back
Top Bottom