• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Motorguide trolling motor foot switch problem

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
Just wondering some of you fisherman have had problems with the foot depress switch on the foot pedal. The continuous power dial works perfectly but the depress switch doesn't. It did for five minutes and then quit. Brand damn new unit also. First time on the water with it. Almost 700 bucks spent for a new motor for big fishing trip and KAPUT! SOAB! That really chapps my sac

Just wondering some of you fisherman have had problems with the foot depress switch on the foot pedal. The continuous power dial works perfectly but the depress switch doesn't. It did for five minutes and then quit. Brand damn new unit also. First time on the water with it. Almost 700 bucks spent for a new motor for big fishing trip and KAPUT! SOAB! That really chapps my sac

Two choices:

1. Contact Motorguide - it should still be under warranty.
2. Take that thing back and get a Minn Kota!

Two choices:

1. Contact Motorguide - it should still be under warranty.
2. Take that thing back and get a Minn Kota!
I had a minolta to begin with. I though I ordered a Minnkota but recieved a Motorguide. The Minnkota I had, had a chinsy control head housing. This one in general is a better built unit all together as far a constructions goes. There is a momentary switch under that foot depress lever. I have replaced a million of those in golf carts. Also on nitrous systems and they aren't the most robust thing you find on things like this. It wouldn't surprise me if that was tettering on bad to begin with. One thing I do like it on the Motorguide is the continuous power mode for slowly fishing the shallow structure along the shore. I know there is big debate on who has the best but if you compare construction materials the Motorguide wins in hands down. Compared to my older Minnkota but I really haven't seen the current model of the same price range. I am sure it will get sorted out it just happened during the fishing trip with my son. He is like me, just being out on the water with a light breeze to cool off in and enjoying the outdoors is good enough. If we have a good fishing day then that's just icing on the cake. I have to figure out these waters up here. I haven't really been out enough to figure it out. Oh well thanks for the input. The authorized service facility is a good guy. I had him do a little work on my boat and it will be free. He is really a good guy. I built a AR15 for him.

I had a minolta to begin with. I though I ordered a Minnkota but recieved a Motorguide. The Minnkota I had, had a chinsy control head housing. This one in general is a better built unit all together as far a constructions goes. There is a momentary switch under that foot depress lever. I have replaced a million of those in golf carts. Also on nitrous systems and they aren't the most robust thing you find on things like this. It wouldn't surprise me if that was tettering on bad to begin with. One thing I do like it on the Motorguide is the continuous power mode for slowly fishing the shallow structure along the shore. I know there is big debate on who has the best but if you compare construction materials the Motorguide wins in hands down. Compared to my older Minnkota but I really haven't seen the current model of the same price range. I am sure it will get sorted out it just happened during the fishing trip with my son. He is like me, just being out on the water with a light breeze to cool off in and enjoying the outdoors is good enough. If we have a good fishing day then that's just icing on the cake. I have to figure out these waters up here. I haven't really been out enough to figure it out. Oh well thanks for the input. The authorized service facility is a good guy. I had him do a little work on my boat and it will be free. He is really a good guy. I built a AR15 for him.

Is it a wireless controller?

No, its a foot pedal job. I got it working. I was in fishing mode and not repair mode and wasn't thinking straight. Once I slowed down and actually looked at what I was doing it was complete operator error. I had picked up some fishing line in the prop and was fighting that while trying to see if I got all out. I got a nice hit on my rod that was laying in my lap at that point and just didn't have the button set correctly. I was so eager to fish I just didn't want to screw with it. It poured rain all day yesterday so I couldnt look then. Got out in the 60 degree weather and saw my problem along with prop removal and cleared the fishing line it. I actually got three or four little things that need to be adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom