• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Motorcycle mechanic work...simple...in/around Lawrenceville

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
My son needs sprockets and chain replaced on 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200. He could do the work himself but he doesn't have the tools needed to rivet the new chain in place. He is in Lawrenceville and would like someone local to make it easy. Send PM if interested in the job and your labor price. He has the sprockets and chain, this is labor only. Thanks.

Don't know if they will have masterlink if it's an o ring chain. A motorcycle shop could match you up with a non rivet style if interested. If not I'm sure someone will come along with the the tools.

I have the tools but I try not to work on people’s stuff unless it’s at my house. I’ve found most people who hire someone else to do the work are not equipped to solve any problem that may arise.

I replaced a oring chain in oct 18. It came with a master link. Bought a chain breaker at harbor freight for maybe $10. Very easy. If not so far away you could use my chain breaker but cheaper to buy your own. My only issue was motorcycle shop ordered wrong sprockets. Its a very easy job when you have the right stuff.

he has a "rivet " style link. much better and safer on a street bike. the clips styles or ok,but not great on street bike as they tend to go 1000s of miles vs dirt bike 50's of miles at a time. if you guys lived dowm near me i would do it. my bike shop is in Griffin.. just a heads up,if the chain came from ebay,make sure its good. if the brand name of the chain is Volar,return it. they break fast,real poor quality. i have had 3 bike in the last 2 years come in with broken chains,all 3 volar,2 of the busted the lower case and destroyed the engines. no real fix for a busted case,cant weld them most of the time.
hope that helps
Bob

Back
Top Bottom