• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most Rediculas Price On ODT

Status
Not open for further replies.
1DB075D8-080A-476C-8AA4-03920A8196A8.png

Won't matter. Good old boys club at work... The people doing it, are besties with the mods and stuff. They can make comments or insult people, but if you do it back you get points and banned.

It's like every forum on the internet. There is one set of rules for the "in club", and then different rules for the rest of us.

Tired of arguing about it. Going to go through the threads, identify all of them and add them to my ignore list. Let people do what they want, I will just keep selling my guns are pre-covid prices and promote dealers that do the same.
how many warnings do you have?

I disagree that ads that ask too much $ for the stuff being sold is nobody's business but the seller's.
If any website gets a reputation for having good deals, people will flock there to find those deals.
If a website gets the reputation for being a lame waste of bandwidth, full of overpriced guns (or junk guns, or whatever.... just stuff that's not a good value for the price) then people who would be good sellers/ buyers / posters will shy away, and either be non-member lurkers or just not come to the ODT at all. But we'll attract trolls, spammers (hey, y'all wanna buy my gun laws book? ;)
and other troublemakers who don't offer a net positive contribution to ODT.
Just consider what happened with Craigslist. They allowed bad ads. Decent people were driven away. Scammers and swindlers and perverts and raving lunatics moved-in to fill the void.

I disagree that ads that ask too much $ for the stuff being sold is nobody's business but the seller's.
If any website gets a reputation for having good deals, people will flock there to find those deals.
If a website gets the reputation for being a lame waste of bandwidth, full of overpriced guns (or junk guns, or whatever.... just stuff that's not a good value for the price) then people who would be good sellers/ buyers / posters will shy away, and either be non-member lurkers or just not come to the ODT at all. But we'll attract trolls, spammers (hey, y'all wanna buy my gun laws book? ;)
Just consider what happened with Craigslist. They allowed bad ads. Decent people were driven away. Scammers and swindlers and perverts and raving lunatics moved-in to fill the void.
and now we have that bunch on here

Why do you care about people being critical of prices? How is it any of your business?

Maybe take your own advice. ;)

I really don't care, agreed not really any of my business what is it to you? I price my items however I like, you or others don't like it tough!

Like has been said many times- not my fault or problem that others don'y have what they need at any given time - and then they cry because it cost more now.

Obviously you've never been a businessman. If there is a website full of "overpriced" guns and ammunition THAT IS EXACTLY where a low pricing bottom feeder seller is GOING TO WANT TO LIST HIS STUFF! If everybody else is asking $900 for their Glock and he's happy to ask and receive $600 for his Glock, his Glock will sell to the first poor that a.) wants a $600 Glock, b.) is open to buy and c.) has the money.

I agree with you . This place is really a joke, and that's the reason I don't come by here but once in a blue moon. Just no point

Won't matter. Good old boys club at work... The people doing it, are besties with the mods and stuff. They can make comments or insult people, but if you do it back you get points and banned.

It's like every forum on the internet. There is one set of rules for the "in club", and then different rules for the rest of us..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom