• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most cost effective way to purchase precious metals?

I'm looking to open a position in gold/silver. What is the most cost effective way to purchase physical metals?
May i recommend you buy a 5 gallon bucket of spent 9mm brass? Add another 5 gallon of 223/556, and etc etc. Buy as many as you are willing to store. I have held brass for a very long time.

Spent cases are 70% brass and 30% nickel in material. They store easy, takes very little space (stack them) and store very long time, and comes in very useful during ammo shortages as everyone move towards reloading. And if you need extra weight to hold down say a tow behind aerator...it works excellent every year.

I would go for junk silver, pre 1964 coins, and I see them from time to time on here for sale at spot. Bought and sold here in past years. Gold also. I bought some gold coins from local dealer at about a 5% premium a few years ago.

I have a lot of copper pennies collected since the 1950's. Some are uncirculated (worth from 4 to 5 cents each) purchased from banks in the late '70's. Current melt value is 2.5 cents. Probably have 43,000 of them that I would take $1200.00 for the lot.

Also have couple of 1887-s $5 liberty coins that carry a little premium over their value of their 1/4 ounce of gold. Probably worth about $650 for average condition and up to 1800 in MS61 grade. I think mine are above average condition - would have to have a local coin dealer look at them and see what he says.

May i recommend you buy a 5 gallon bucket of spent 9mm brass? Add another 5 gallon of 223/556, and etc etc. Buy as many as you are willing to store. I have held brass for a very long time.

Spent cases are 70% brass and 30% nickel in material. They store easy, takes very little space (stack them) and store very long time, and comes in very useful during ammo shortages as everyone move towards reloading. And if you need extra weight to hold down say a tow behind aerator...it works excellent every year.

I've got a 5 gallon of 9mm tucked away. About 4 gal of 223.

Back
Top Bottom