Mossberg 9200 extractor detent stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotpower

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
233   0
Reaction score
Purchased a Mossberg 9200 of the site the other day as a HD project. Cut the barrel, and went to reassemble the shotgun and the extractor fell out of the bolt assembly. The detent is stuck in it's channell tighter than a fat girls sock. It will not budge. I just stuck it in the freezer a minute ago and figured I'd fly it by ya'll for some suggesions while it gets cold. It's sticking out just enough to look like a sno cone. Nothing to "get'a holt'ov" to pull and you can't push it out.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=7834

Numrich labels the parts. I'm looking at the bolt but I'm not sure how the extractor (56) is pinned in or locked in even with the diagram. A pic of the offending part would help a bunch.

Does the operating handle (53) lock it down?

i45.tinypic.com_15dngbc.jpg

So did you get anywhere? A pic might be helpful for the guys to mull over. A second set of eyes can be useful.

Freezer failed. I took it home and soaked it in pen. oil. Hit the side of the assemby with a mallet. Nothing. Decided to take a risk and lightly tapped the detent (inward) to see if it would break loose. It just stuck in deaper. New complete assembly is $55 + shipping at Havlin's. I think I may just order a new bolt assembly and call it a day. At least I'll get a spare firing pin and some other salvagable parts from the original assembly. May get some additional parts while I'm at it. Gas seals, bolt buffer, and such. Any suggestions on parts that break from other 9200 shooters.
Thanks for your interest ya'll. Not many of these units out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom