• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mosin bolt turn down service...

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
202   0
Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked before but I need a Mosin bolt converted to the turned down style. I don't want to spend $200 plus on a "Sniper Bolt" on ebay or gunbroker. On top of that I don't want the handle to extend down as far as the sniper style bolt. I also don't like the looks of the ATI bolt kit. It just looks flimsy .
I had one done 5 ot 6 years ago by Big Gorilla Gunworks in Florida as a mail order kinda deal. Very good job at a good price. But as of now they won't do the bolt job unless you are having other custom work done to your rifle. And I don't need any of that. I'm willing to drive a little and or mail my bolt body to whoever can do the job along with a money order or a card number if they take them.

Ive done all of my own and am very happy with them. But I dont think that qualifies me to work on yours. Take it to your local custom car shop and show the guy a picture and hand him $100.00 Bill I bet you get a pretty decent job done.

• Looks like a standard 91/30 bolt
I'm curious of what exactly he is looking for as I own one myself and have a problem when trying to eject the shell casings it hits my scope & is a pain in the ass. What exactly does the finished product of a turndown look like I guess is what I'm asking & does it remedy that problem??

I'm curious of what exactly he is looking for as I own one myself and have a problem when trying to eject the shell casings it hits my scope & is a pain in the ass. What exactly does the finished product of a turndown look like I guess is what I'm asking & does it remedy that problem??

Yes it takes care of that 100% all mine are in the back of the safe or I'd take a pic. Just Google it.

I probably won't scope thos one. If I didit would be a forwars long eye relief Scout type mount. So the bolt handle/throw woul not be an issue. But I hate the original straight bolt. So something must be done.

Mine actually does have a bent handle, but when I raise it & slide it back it hits the front of my scope... I'll take some pictures & maybe we can both figure out a fix..lol
I probably won't scope thos one. If I didit would be a forwars long eye relief Scout type mount. So the bolt handle/throw woul not be an issue. But I hate the original straight bolt. So something must be done.

IMG_20211201_210137.jpg
IMG_20211201_210122.jpg
IMG_20211201_210036.jpg
IMG_20211201_210105.jpg

Back
Top Bottom