• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Modifying braces

Red Squirrel 556

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
114   0
Reaction score
So I'm seeing a lot of "debris plugs" that go in the end of braces being advertised. This completely changes the appeal of that blade thing, and braces in general. Is this something sketchy like the filter things? Will you get popped if they see you using it at the range? I'm not talking about jamming a cane bottom in there, I mean the legitimate ones that are being sold by the company that makes the brace.

If the 'plug' comes with it's own ATF letter then you are on firmer ground. Braces are already in the grey zone, and what could turn a 'brace' into a 'stock' is really up to the ATF's judgement.

So the split fix everyone is raving about for the sba3 brace is technically modifying the brace. Do they come with a letter?

So the split fix everyone is raving about for the sba3 brace is technically modifying the brace. Do they come with a letter?
I haven't found one with a letter yet. I did find a few sketchy sites, and one guy who is clearly printing them in his garage. Those plainly state on the site that usage counts as modification from the intended purpose, even though they can be used "properly" while installed. It shows pictures of it in that manner.

I think i answered my own question.

I haven't found one with a letter yet. I did find a few sketchy sites, and one guy who is clearly printing them in his garage. Those plainly state on the site that usage counts as modification from the intended purpose, even though they can be used "properly" while installed. It shows pictures of it in that manner.

I think i answered my own question.
I think you did too. I wouldn’t risk it unless you are shooting on your own property.

Back
Top Bottom