• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MMA

Let's not forget "lay & pray." I like to see some good BJJ but too much of the hold someone down and lay there crap happens. UFC needs a yellow/red card system for inactivity like Pride had. A red card meant you lost money on your purse!

Trash talking encouraged by the UFC ruined MMA. Bring back Pride and tournament formats. Also have titled fighters have non-title bouts. Much more interesting and fun to watch.

Not sure what MMA you're remembering that didn't have trash talk. The first fight I ever remember watching as a kid was Bas Rutten vs Frank Shamrock in Pancrase… there was trash talk. Don't suppose you remember Tito vs Ken, Chuck vs Tito.... speaking of Pride... Chutebox…. that whole camp was trash talk. The only people in pride that didn't talk was Fedor and Nog. Nostalgia has a way of clouding memory.

Not sure what MMA you're remembering that didn't have trash talk. The first fight I ever remember watching as a kid was Bas Rutten vs Frank Shamrock in Pancrase… there was trash talk. Don't suppose you remember Tito vs Ken, Chuck vs Tito.... speaking of Pride... Chutebox…. that whole camp was trash talk. The only people in pride that didn't talk was Fedor and Nog. Nostalgia has a way of clouding memory.

Perhaps nostalgia has clouded my memory but it wasn't nearly on the same level as it is today IMHO. Doesn't really matter because I don't bother with wasting time on any sports anymore.

Perhaps nostalgia has clouded my memory but it wasn't nearly on the same level as it is today IMHO. Doesn't really matter because I don't bother with wasting time on any sports anymore.
I feel you on that, after a lifetime of being a sports fan, ive stopped watching almost all of them. I cant stomach the politics anymore. All I watch now is UFC, theyre the only sport that isnt bowing to the woke-tards.

Back
Top Bottom