• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mini reviews - CRKT Razel and Boker Plus Strike

BamaFan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
340   0
Reaction score
I was shopping for a new knife for EDC. While on the BladeHQ website, I ran across two knives that in no way fit the bill for EDC, yet I really wanted both and ended up getting them.

The first is an odd duck known as the CRKT Razel (Razor + Chisel). This looked reasonably practical to carry in the woodworking apron since it seems like I'm always shaving/scraping things with a knife anyway. It's a little on the heavy side but super comfortable in the hand, either in knife mode or chisel mode. It has a liner lock with safety slide on the back that prevents the liner lock from moving to "unlock" once you slide the safety forward. The construction is good, and the fit/finish and details exceeded my expectations. The quality is way above what I would expect at this price point. The micarta scales are nicely finished and the gimping is perfect but is somewhat blocked by the safety slide (the slide actually serves as a decent thumb rest). Nice, deep pocket clip that can be reversed. Overall a cool knife, especially for $22.00.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--CRKT-Folding-Razel--4133

upload_2018-12-27_18-48-33.png

I ran across the second knife while shopping for a Kalashnikov auto folder (I think I saw it referenced in a review somewhere else, say it was way better than the Kalash). This knife appears very similar to the Kalash folder except this one has a safety. I am a sucker for a Tanto blade and this color scheme so that made the decision easy. This knife could certainly be used for EDC but it is on the heavy side for that. The fit/finish and details of this knife are way above what I was expecting from a $40 knife. The aluminum scales are very nice and the deep pocket clip is good. The blade is perfectly centered on the chasis, the push button is easy to find and the blade really springs out and snaps open nicely. If you're looking to add a switchblade to your collection, you can't go wrong here for $40.00. Is it better than the Kalash? Other than the safety I have to believe it's nearly identical but I don't have them side by side to compare. Overall, I love this knife and it would make a great gift because every guy loves an auto knife.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Plus-Strike-Tanto-Desert--68520

upload_2018-12-27_18-59-18.png

Both knives arrived pretty sharp. Unfortunately I can't attest to the edge retention on either yet but I will later if I remember. BladeHQ was super easy to navigate and order from and shipped super fast - would definitely use them again.

I love blade hq. numerous videos on a lot of models. I am going to get a para military 2 next as soon as I decide which one. Also CRKT does put out a lot of good knives for the money

Back
Top Bottom