• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mil spec vs commercial buffer tube

In most cases the tubes start life the same. But the Mil Spec are further machined to fit military specs. There are some different variations of commercial stocks, but all the mil spec should be the same.

Thanks for the information ... it's still a confounding issue though!
I have already asked my Congressional Representatives to pressure the FTC to mandate that all cell phones
utilizing USB equivalent charging technology standardize on a single plug type ... AND for minimum Federal Standards for
Computer Virus Programs ... You can guess the response so far: "The Sound Of Silence" is deafening!

In most cases the tubes start life the same. But the Mil Spec are further machined to fit military specs. There are some different variations of commercial stocks, but all the mil spec should be the same.

Thanks for the information ... it's still a confounding issue though ... seems some things are introduced to promote discord!
I have already asked my Congressional Representatives to pressure the FTC to mandate that all cell phones
utilizing USB equivalent charging technology standardize on a single plug type ... AND for minimum Federal Standards for
Computer Virus Programs ... You can guess the response so far: "The Sound Of Silence" is deafening!

It seems, according to the picture above that the mil spec tube will not thread into the lower. After all the diameter is smaller. I'm also new to the AR scene but common sence says that the mil spec (being a smaller diameter) will not fit in your commercial lower. I hope I am wrong.
is this also the case for the barrel nut? I purchased a new quad rail and the barrel nut they provided does not fit my upper (it is too small).

Back
Top Bottom