• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mid Ga. Scrap car buyers?

Rivershot

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
31   0
Reaction score
Anybody know of a junkyard that might pay more than $175 for a 99 Honda CRV with a bad motor and lots of other little things, like A/C heater core, tires, battery etc... That make it not worth it to me to do.

Peacock junkyard will pay $175 and pick it up, scrap yard is 150-175, delivered not picked up, Just seems like a junkyard would be 2-400

Maybe just me, but $20 a wheel $30 a headlight $50 grille, taillights, transmission etc... Should be worth more to a recycler than a scraper.

craigslist.
you gotta remember,just to tow a car a short way is 100 bucks. then the scrap yard sits on it for months or years selling parts. they may make a couple of grand off the car,and so could you. but it takes years to do it. they also pay guys to pull the parts and pay for a place for people to call. its just a long term investment.
but someone on craigslist may give you a few hundo for it. list it for a month and see what happens, then if no sell,call peacock.

craigslist.
you gotta remember,just to tow a car a short way is 100 bucks. then the scrap yard sits on it for months or years selling parts. they may make a couple of grand off the car,and so could you. but it takes years to do it. they also pay guys to pull the parts and pay for a place for people to call. its just a long term investment.
but someone on craigslist may give you a few hundo for it. list it for a month and see what happens, then if no sell,call peacock.

I agree with most of what you are saying, except Peacock has a few wreckers and a bunch of $10 an hour employees. and a less than 20mi round trip.

Anybody know of a junkyard that might pay more than $175 for a 99 Honda CRV with a bad motor and lots of other little things, like A/C heater core, tires, battery etc... That make it not worth it to me to do.

Peacock junkyard will pay $175 and pick it up, scrap yard is 150-175, delivered not picked up, Just seems like a junkyard would be 2-400

Maybe just me, but $20 a wheel $30 a headlight $50 grille, taillights, transmission etc... Should be worth more to a recycler than a scraper.
Call or text s9me pics to Robby at 478 808 5811. If he's not interested I'll get you in touch with a guy I know on Hwy 49 in Jones Co ( Not Peacocks)

Back
Top Bottom