• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Metallica Concert Last Night: Them Folks Are Getting Old!

OttoMan

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Do unto others what you want them to do to you!
419   0
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought tickets and insisted for me to go. That's my second time at the Mercedes Benz Stadium, that place is massive big!

The Band that opened is really awesome. My sons love them and I had never seen them in a live concert: Greta Van Fleet, really cool band.

Metallica guys are definitely getting old. Playing for almost TWO hours, I could see that Drummer Lars Ulrich was doing his best to keep drumm sticks moving. James Hetfield, The Singer and songwriter, that dude is cool... still holding the deep voice very well known to their songs.

Was definitely a fun night. I saw many old folks enjoying the concert and singing along. I can say that Metallica is definitely a "Classic" Band now, after 40 years on the road!

20211106_221022.jpg
20211106_212621.jpg
20211106_181112.jpg
20211107_091402.jpg

Well I'd rather be old and rich like them guys than just plain old !!
Saw them back in the early 90's and they were great.
I bet they still put on a great performance.
Sure they did. Very nice performance.
Much, much better than all these newer bands. And the best part I noticed: No special effects, just FOUR old guys playing — a drummer, a singer and rhythm guitar, a lead guitar and a bassist! That’s it!

And the end James said “we really love to come to Atlanta, every time!”

Cool. Love Chris Stapleton version of nothing else matters.
The two last song they sang last night:
Nothing Else Matters & Enter Sandman

We thought they were gone already when the came out And sang them, it was just AWESOME. For me, these two songs and “Master of Puppets” are the train-lead in all their songs.

You not going to talk about the poop train that was cage the elephant?
That was the most horrible thing that night. Never heard of them till they popped up on there. That dude, singer , he was high with something really heavy….lol…

And the sad part: They had more time and more songs than Greta Van Fleet, a much better band!!

Their rock-n-roll definitely not my kinda.

Back
Top Bottom