• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Memorial Day

karlvv30

Wolf Icon Supporter
Bad at deer hunting
19   0
Reaction score
I know summer started and the sales are good but that aint what it's about. You should shed a tear every Memorial Day. I know I do. I lost my Uncle this year and am quite sure I will lose my Father this year too. I wont cry for them Monday. I will cry for those that gave all. Dont thank Veterans this weekend. Those guys get their day in November. Thank a Gold Star Family. Thank a person who's Dad died in Nam. Thank a wife that stayed true though her husband died 50 years ago. Thank our Founders for giving this opportunity. We owe all of them everything.

I know summer started and the sales are good but that aint what it's about. You should shed a tear every Memorial Day. I know I do. I lost my Uncle this year and am quite sure I will lose my Father this year too. I wont cry for them Monday. I will cry for those that gave all. Dont thank Veterans this weekend. Those guys get their day in November. Thank a Gold Star Family. Thank a person who's Dad died in Nam. Thank a wife that stayed true though her husband died 50 years ago. Thank our Founders for giving this opportunity. We owe all of them everything.

Right on point... We get lost in the true meanings of Holidays.

Memorial Day sacrifices make all others Holidays possible.......

0FBA2E72-4986-4E7E-8A73-DCD7F57912B8.jpeg

I heard on the AM news today, I think it was 106.7 FM, that less than a half of Americans know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day.
I'm sure a small but sizable percentage of well-meaning but ignorant Americans out there think it also has to do with police officers, firefighters, and other EMS personnel.

Back
Top Bottom