• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Members only wants to deal over the phone!!

Do you confirm deal in a message on here first

• No I only call don’t want paper trail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I did send him this link to this post and our policy rules about having things in a PM for protection

not a single peep
Crickets chirp chirp
Obviously doesn't want any record of the transaction but the pm system protects both parties in case something goes wrong.
I wouldn't deal with anyone who refuses to have their commitment in writing. Members with good feedback are the lifeblood of this site and knowing that the person you're dealing with is reputable goes a long way.
Lots of shady folks floating around here lately.

Obviously doesn't want any record of the transaction but the pm system protects both parties in case something goes wrong.
I wouldn't deal with anyone who refuses to have their commitment in writing. Members with good feedback are the lifeblood of this site and knowing that the person you're dealing with is reputable goes a long way.
Lots of shady folks floating around here lately.
Right On.gif

On a similar but completely different dead-horse subject...:deadhorse:what's up with people not leaving feedback?
On this site for reasons we've already discussed feedback scores do matter but some people just flat out refuse to cooperate.

Ok I have been here a long time and made plenty deals no negatives on my end
A lot of you guys knows me and or has had some type chit chat with me in past

but I had a member that will refuse to make a deal because I will not call and make a deal over the phone

I explain once we confirm a deal on here this forum and have that in writing then I will call that person and let them hear my sexy voice

the person asked me text first because they don’t answer random numbers
So with that I texted them and asked if we made a deal to please confirm that
On this forum through PM to protect us both

in response I get

sorry but being you can’t call is a red flag to me and I have to decline

How do you guys feel about this ?
its better to use the phone. confirm in pms,but i wont do a deal without a number to call. no way am i driving to a meet with no way to talk. the world happens,family,cops,naked midgets,traffic.i dont text and wont deal without a call. its worked more than 400 times...

I once scored an excellent deal from an elderly man by phone. Turns out he had went blind from diabetes....he could answer his phone but his grandson typed the ad for him. Ended up doing two more deals from him over several months and his wife gave me a jar of her home made apple butter too. You just never know......

I know PM's "Protect" you and if I'm driving over 20 minutes I want to be able to neg you. Most of my deals have been close and only half have had PM's sent back and forth. I'm not against it and it's probably the best method of CYA but if someone wants to call I'm fine with that too. Maybe I have just been fortunate to never have any deals go south on here.

I guess I’m the odd man out here lol. I don’t like to set up a meet until I have spoken to the other party on the phone...if they are a relative newb or have a neg. Just because.
If it’s a for sale only deal and I’m buyer then I will make cash offer and let them know when and where I can meet. So all is via pm and confirmed.
But if I’m the seller...and especially if it’s a tacticool kinda gun...then I want to hear the buyers voice on the phone. Just because. Lots of reasons.
Finally, if it’s a trade deal it gets really annoying sometimes to play a guessing game about what the other party wants in trade. Much simpler to talk it over. Plus I enjoy the conversation almost every time.
If a member has 40 or 50+ positive feedbacks...I usually don’t worry about confirming via pm.
If they want to then of course I will but I don’t worry about it. I trust them.
I guess this could get me burned one day but it has not yet.
It seems to me some folks ain’t real sociable here. :cool:
Or maybe I’m just old.
Forgot to say...OP I totally get it why you got frustrated. You texted him...he should have called you back.
Just basic decency,

I guess I’m the odd man out here lol. I don’t like to set up a meet until I have spoken to the other party on the phone...if they are a relative newb or have a neg. Just because.
If it’s a for sale only deal and I’m buyer then I will make cash offer and let them know when and where I can meet. So all is via pm and confirmed.
But if I’m the seller...and especially if it’s a tacticool kinda gun...then I want to hear the buyers voice on the phone. Just because. Lots of reasons.
Finally, if it’s a trade deal it gets really annoying sometimes to play a guessing game about what the other party wants in trade. Much simpler to talk it over. Plus I enjoy the conversation almost every time.
If a member has 40 or 50+ positive feedbacks...I usually don’t worry about confirming via pm.
If they want to then of course I will but I don’t worry about it. I trust them.
I guess this could get me burned one day but it has not yet.
It seems to me some folks ain’t real sociable here. :cool:
Or maybe I’m just old.
Forgot to say...OP I totally get it why you got frustrated. You texted him...he should have called you back.
Just basic decency,

Or even just texted back. great communication goes a really long way on here...for most of us at least. All of my trades with new/lower feedback members have gonna A+...because of great communication.

Ok I have been here a long time and made plenty deals no negatives on my end
A lot of you guys knows me and or has had some type chit chat with me in past

but I had a member that will refuse to make a deal because I will not call and make a deal over the phone

I explain once we confirm a deal on here this forum and have that in writing then I will call that person and let them hear my sexy voice

the person asked me text first because they don’t answer random numbers
So with that I texted them and asked if we made a deal to please confirm that
On this forum through PM to protect us both

in response I get

sorry but being you can’t call is a red flag to me and I have to decline

How do you guys feel about this ?

You were lucky. Crack open a beer

Back
Top Bottom