• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Members only wants to deal over the phone!!

Do you confirm deal in a message on here first

• No I only call don’t want paper trail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years ago I had one older fellow selling a SS Security Six I wanted and he wanted everything over the phone. No email and no texts per the ad. Turns out he hated computers and and didn't have text service. His wife would put the ads in ODT and he would wait for a call. I am sure it hurt his sales but I ended up with a sweet deal; and didn't have to drive more than 5 minutes.

I know PM's "Protect" you and if I'm driving over 20 minutes I want to be able to neg you. Most of my deals have been close and only half have had PM's sent back and forth. I'm not against it and it's probably the best method of CYA but if someone wants to call I'm fine with that too. Maybe I have just been fortunate to never have any deals go south on here.

Do as much communication as possible through Pm`s.

Should any problem result from your deal you have a written trail, if you require a moderator intervention the written record is your proof of what was said.

Give me your fax number to discuss.

susan.png

Years ago I had one older fellow selling a SS Security Six I wanted and he wanted everything over the phone. No email and no texts per the ad. Turns out he hated computers and and didn't have text service. His wife would put the ads in ODT and he would wait for a call. I am sure it hurt his sales but I ended up with a sweet deal; and didn't have to drive more than 5 minutes.
This could have been the case , but he requested I text first before calling as he doesn’t answer random numbers
I texted per his asking
He refuse to answer my text message and didn’t call me
Instead gets on here and messages me

hey I am sorry but being you will not talk over phone it’s a red flag for me and have to pass

wait didn’t you ask me text you first ? I did that
Matter fact I texted one text 7 sentences long
Another about 3 sentences
Then last was explaining which gun I had so he knows exactly what we are talking about and to whom

he didn’t reply to those text nor did he pick up the phone and call me as he has my number now

but he waits half day to message me on here

so if that was the case why didn’t he pick up phone call me vs trying to figure out forum and messaging me here

it’s clearly he knows how to do the forum
But can’t text me back or call

so maybe he has it backwards and can’t call or text idk

I thought that was ironic

This could have been the case , but he requested I text first before calling as he doesn’t answer random numbers
I texted per his asking
He refuse to answer my text message and didn’t call me
Instead gets on here and messages me

hey I am sorry but being you will not talk over phone it’s a red flag for me and have to pass

wait didn’t you ask me text you first ? I did that
Matter fact I texted one text 7 sentences long
Another about 3 sentences
Then last was explaining which gun I had so he knows exactly what we are talking about and to whom

he didn’t reply to those text nor did he pick up the phone and call me as he has my number now

but he waits half day to message me on here

so if that was the case why didn’t he pick up phone call me vs trying to figure out forum and messaging me here

it’s clearly he knows how to do the forum
But can’t text me back or call

so maybe he has it backwards and can’t call or text idk

I thought that was ironic
Time waster

Back
Top Bottom